News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting Web Page of Old Telephones

Started by Fabius, January 21, 2016, 12:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

While surfing the web I came across this Pinerest web page showing old phones and related items. The page was posted by
Valerie Lowich Iskierka who says she is a telephone collector. I think she's in New Jersey. Anyone know her or of her?

http://tinyurl.com/hxmye5q

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

Yes, Ray Kotke introduced me to John Iskierka many years ago and Val Lowich was (is) his girlfriend or wife. John had or still has a dozen or more 18 wheeler type trailers on his property in Minnesota (I think) packed with phones. Somewhat like the turtle Lake hoard-O-phones most are used 50-60-70's phones but in amongst them are some treasures. At the time that Ray introduced me (by email) I was working at my collection of AE 183 SpaceSavers (actually 183 SpaceMakers) in all colors and Ray told me how John had hunted through the trailers to find val the remaining colors that she needed to complete her collection of all 183's.

Terry

<edit> I know if I looked through my computer for long enough I would find this collage picture that either Ray or john sent me a LONG time ago!

Terry