News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Photo posting issues

Started by Babybearjs, March 30, 2017, 03:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

just out of curiousity.... is this board setup to limit the number of times a person can add photos to his post? I added 6 photos and then wanted to add 4 more... but the system rejected my request... but when I started a new topic....I was able to add photos.... so, whats up with that??
John

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 30, 2017, 03:54:07 PM
just out of curiousity.... is this board setup to limit the number of times a person can add photos to his post? I added 6 photos and then wanted to add 4 more... but the system rejected my request... but when I started a new topic....I was able to add photos.... so, whats up with that??

You can only add up to 6 images per topic or topic reply. If you want to post 9 images of a new phone, then 6 would go in the first post and you would have to immediately reply to that post by creating a "here are the rest of the pictures" reply with the final 3. If you had 18 images, it would take the initial post plus 2 replies to get them all up.

You can change uploaded images by unchecking the box, saving the topic/reply and then go back into to add the new/revised image. That only applies if you have 6 images already posted. If you have 4 posted, to can revise the post to add up to 2 more  images.

Okay?

Babybearjs

that's where it crashed.... when I went to replay to the post, it wouldn't let me post anymore pictures... do I have to "Start a new topic" to get it to work?
John

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 30, 2017, 04:36:13 PM
that's where it crashed.... when I went to replay to the post, it wouldn't let me post anymore pictures... do I have to "Start a new topic" to get it to work?

If you already have 6 images attached to a topic or a reply, you can not add anymore unless you first delete on of the 6 already posted. Once 6 images are attached to a topic or reply, the only way you can upload more images it to reply to the topic which already has the 6 images. You can reply to your own topic as many times in a row as you want to get all images posted.

Keep in mind that you have to put some text in the text box or you will not be able to save the reply. Any empty text box can not be saved even if images have been attached to it. To add more pictures, use the reply option to your topic - no need to start a new topic.

AE_Collector

Yes just add a subsequent post and you are good for up to 6 more pictures. No need for a new TOPIC, just an additional post. Has always been that way.

Terry

TelePlay

Here's a real life example of what we are trying to explain. pourme wanted to post 9 pictures so put 6 in the initial topic post and then added 6 more right away in a reply.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17904.0

Babybearjs

several attempts were made, all failing. it must be the pictures... I had the camera on manual because the flash kept reflecting back and ruining the pictures. I'll try it again later... sorry about that.....
John

AE_Collector

Oh okay, you're talking about the security issue. I have found that if you do anything to edit the picture it will usually load on the next attempt. On my iPad it is very easy to edit something, even just enhance the picture and it usually loads the next time you try.

Terry

Babybearjs

Terry, thanks! I hate digital cameras sometimes because of this problem...
John

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 30, 2017, 09:48:42 PM
several attempts were made, all failing. it must be the pictures... I had the camera on manual because the flash kept reflecting back and ruining the pictures.

If you are having upload problems (getting the Security Error), read this reply (and the whole topic if you have the time)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16137.msg180586#msg180586

Using a Smart Phone introduces a few new issues (rotation, size, meta data) which either prevent uploading or result in pictures on their side. This topic address rotating, cropping and resizing a Smart Phone picture into one what "works" in several ways on the forum.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=17614.msg181950#msg181950

Greg G.

Sometimes I'll use a graphic editor (in my case, I use LView Pro) to paste two pics into one image.  I usually only do that in cases where I have one picture left to post but don't want to make a reply just to post the one pic.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Quote from: Brinybay on April 02, 2017, 12:36:49 AM
Sometimes I'll use a graphic editor (in my case, I use LView Pro) to paste two pics into one image.  I usually only do that in cases where I have one picture left to post but don't want to make a reply just to post the one pic.

I use Microsoft's Paint to create all of the multiple horizontal images in auction contests. Only trick is to crop and resize the first image to a certain height and then expand the canvas horizontally to make room for more images. Then, in another paint window, I copy and paste the next image, crop it, resize it to the first image height (usually 750 pixels), copy the image and paste it into the first image. Repeat as necessary. When done, I crop the combined image to get rid of unused canvas and resize the combined image to 2500 pixels wide. Save it and post it.

That's how I do it and after using that process for some time, I can create a 4 wide multiple image in less than 5 minutes. 4 or 5 wide is about max so theoretically, one could post 6 five wide images for 30 images in one topic or reply.

Babybearjs

finally got it to work.... just resized it down to 50% of original....
John

Dan/Panther

The overall size of your photo is very important.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jack Ryan

Frankly it seems absurd to me that in 2017 posting an image is beyond the capabilities of a group of developers.

How many years has this problem persisted?

Jack