News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Most desired BSP..

Started by Dan/Panther, June 18, 2010, 06:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I found this BSP on ebay, and I figure it's about the most desired of all of the BSP's.
I contacted the guy and begged him to take it to Staples or Kinko's to get it scanned to disc, or PDF. I told him he was already guaranteed $500.00 for the book, and 3 days to go, so even if they charge him $200.00, I told him he could sell copies all day long on ebay, and get his money back soon, plus....
I told him PLEASE do the Telephone collecting community a big favor.
Here is a link to the Auction.

D/P

http://tinyurl.com/343nvf5 ( dead link 01-31-22 )

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

what a great reference to have. too rich for my blood, tho.
donna

Dan/Panther

Everyone send the guy a note through ebay and request him to copy it.
He might get the message.
Who ever wins it won't copy it I'm sure.
D/P

McHeath

I sent him a letter.  That's a fab book, he could sell copies!

Jim Stettler

The seller is John Huckby, the editor of the ATCA newsletter. Email him and point out what a great resouce these scans would make in the newsletter.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Jim S. on June 18, 2010, 10:05:58 PM
The seller is John Huckby, the editor of the ATCA newsletter. Email him and point out what a great resouce these scans would make in the newsletter.
Jim

Or have it reproduced to sell at telephone shows etc.....like TCI did with some of the AE catalogs.

Terry

Jim Stettler

Or even sell it on disc. I would buy a copy. I always buy club produced info at the shows. It is a good way to provide support and to build your library.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

I have a feeling that this BSP is going to go for $2500.00. I can't think of another more useful BSP for a collectors.
D/P

bellsystemproperty

Aren't some of those BSP's already avilable online though? It's a bunch of BSP's compiled together, although you are right, I think there are some ones in there that have not been scanned.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

paul-f

Many are on-line.  There are several club members with large libraries who are quite accommodating in scanning requested BSPs and adding them to the libraries -- within reason and as time permits.

The downside is that the content of each BSP changed periodically as the BSP was revised to document changes that were made during each product's lifetime.  The odds are great that no one has a complete set of every issue of every BSP.  It will be a long time before they are all available on disks or on-line.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Telstar

How about having every page scanned & converted to CD?  Whatever the final cost is, I'm sure there would be at least 100 members who would purchase it, and defray the scanning and duplicationg costs. Remember, the final auction price for the BSP is for the ACTUAL hard copy.  The same goes for a WE Catalog. From a  historical and educational perspective, I believe this information shoud be shared with members of both clubs, and not become a financial matter.

Copies of Van Gogh are available for little cost.  The orignal, will run you a bit higher  ;D

Come in Nighthawk

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 19, 2010, 12:16:42 PM
I have a feeling that this BSP is going to go for $2500.00. I can't think of another more useful BSP for a collectors.
D/P

Not quite... US$2,234.09, actually.  Must be some awful rich dudes (or dudettes) in this hobby!!!!!!!  ::)

JorgeAmely

D/P:
For that price, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for copies of it to show in a DVD for sale anytime soon.  :( :( :(
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Jorge;
On the contrary, I think the buyer is holding a goldmine. Just copy to DVD and sell copies for $50-100. I'd buy one Tomorrow.
But you are right, that BSP is lost to collector forever. If someone here bought that BSP, I apologize, NOW PROVE ME WRONG!!!
D/P

McHeath

The seller e-mailed me back and said that he had a price quote of 500 dollars from Staples to scan it to disk and he thought that was too much. 

Guess that's a matter of perspective eh?  Since he made 2,234 dollars on the sale, investing 500 to have more copies of it to sell seems a win/win to me.  Sell the digital scans for $50 each, lots of us suckers would pony up for that I'm guessing, and the seller could have kept this Golden Goose laying eggs for a long time.