News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Surprise stickers

Started by ....., July 13, 2016, 09:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I needed some price stickers for the up and coming Flea Market, as I'm a vendor. A friend of mine said that he had some, all I to do was cut them smaller. He said that is what he did for his yard sale. He came over and handed me these in the pictures. I said where did you get them? He said from another friend. I said to him, you know I collect phones why didn't you tell me about these. His answer, you collect phones. Ahhh.

b3tamax11

Very cool! I think these particular stickers are the type meant for floppy disks, since its on continuous form paper.

paul-f

Quote from: b3tamax11 on July 13, 2016, 10:49:04 PM
Very cool! I think these particular stickers are the type meant for floppy disks, since its on continuous form paper.

The continuous form and holes simply indicate they were intended to be printed on a sprocket-driven printer.

They could easily be for name tags used at a NE event or some other use. I worked for a computer company that used loads of similar forms in the 1980s and 90s - often at the event registration desk. Labels were printed on demand as folks checked in.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

NorthernElectric

At work we only retired our last dot matrix tractor feed printer a couple of years ago.  It was a wide carriage Fujitsu and built like a tank.  There had been a few users who used it for printing mailing labels so I had put a ethernet to centronics print server device on it, set it up in an out of the way place, and it saw occasional use.  At some point somebody in the office had some other piece of equipment and they were looking for a place to put it.  They asked me why we still had that relic and I told them I thought folks still used it now and then.  But I asked around and apparently nobody had used it in some time, so it was off to the eWaste.

A few other relics have surfaced recently.  Someone was cleaning out a desk and found a couple of 8" floppy disks!  They asked me if I had any way to see what was on them.  I told them maybe if they asked me 25 or 30 years ago I could help them with that.   :D  A few weeks ago, I saw where someone had set up an electric typewriter on a desk in a public area.  I didn't even ask what it was doing there, in fact I think I quickly looked the other way in case somebody asked me for help with it.   :D
Cliff