"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who among us has the newest #6 dial???

Started by Sargeguy, July 07, 2009, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Here are a couple contenders:

I picked these up on eBay out of curiosity.  They are two #6 dials of very late vintage.  One is dated 1978 and the other is 1982 vintage, both are NOS.  What's interesting about these is that they are really cheaply constructed.  Even compared with dials from the early 70s, which were essentially the same as older versions, these are cheesy.  They are almost solid plastic throughout.  The 1978 one was clearly from a design line phone.  Any idea what the one with the clear plastic dial is for?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Jester

I have had a couple of these.  The first one I got was ensconsed in my 1930 D1 mount.  It was dated '76 and i think it was designated 6AA.  They are VERY cheaply made, but they seem to work well.  The one I had eventually found its way in a gutted 302 I built up & sold to a local antique dealer.
Stephen

Sargeguy

The clear dial might work in a color set.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

McHeath

Phonesrfun

McHeath:

The #6 dial was a pretty ubiquitous thing, I believe starting in the late 40's, all during the 50's and early 60's.  Used in later 300 series WE phones and switchboards, pay phones and in the 5300 phones.  Replaced the #5 dial.  I also have a late model plastic version of a #6 somewhere.  I'll have to check its date.

-Bill
-Bill G

foots

Maybe that clear dial was used on a space saver wall phone?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

mienaichizu

my stromberg 500 dial has also a plastic gears, it is dated 78