News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

To the folks in the EU (Europe)...

Started by compubit, November 19, 2016, 10:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

I'm making my annual pilgrimage overseas next week and have a little room left in my checked bag (it's full of presents, but still has some space left...).

Anyway, if there are folks in the EU (especially Germany) that might be looking for a general phone or cable that I would:
a) already have available
b) be in the EU (for shipping cost reasons)

I have a number of modular handset cables, as well as the following phones: WE 500 (red, modular), WE 500 (green, non-modular), WE 500 (black, modular), Princess (Ivory, modular, TOuchTone or Rotary), Trimline (beige, rotary, desk).  Trimline (ivory, touch tone, wall), 2554 (green, modular).  I have a few other Trimlines in boxes, mostly rotary, but a few TT.  All phones are "as is", but we're working when I received them.  Most will need a little cleanup, but are otherwise in good shape.

I'm trying to thin my stocks a little, and what better way than to spread a little Western Electric goodness into Europe. (And shipping is cheaper than in the US...

Items are first come, first served, until my suitcase is either full or over the limit!

I need any requests by 23:59 CET on Sunday, November 20, 2016.

PM me if interested.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

dsk

Very kind of you.
If you are coming as far north as Norway please tell me.
Have a safe trip!

dsk

compubit

Just Germany this trip - hopefully to Norway next summer - I'm bringing my 16 year-old nephew on a trip, and his "requirements" are Scandinavia, Germany, visit Hayley (former babysitter in north east France), and hiking in the Swiss Alps (he's a Boy Scout).  To fit all of this in during a 2-week trip will keep us busy.

No takers? No one want a free phone? (I'm packing on Monday night, so I'll extend the deadline...

Thanks,
Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Pourme

Quote from: compubit on November 19, 2016, 10:32:13 PM
I'm making my annual pilgrimage overseas next week and have a little room left in my checked bag (it's full of presents, but still has some space left...).

Anyway, if there are folks in the EU (especially Germany) that might be looking for a general phone or cable that I would:
a) already have available
b) be in the EU (for shipping cost reasons)

I have a number of modular handset cables, as well as the following phones: WE 500 (red, modular), WE 500 (green, non-modular), WE 500 (black, modular), Princess (Ivory, modular, TOuchTone or Rotary), Trimline (beige, rotary, desk).  Trimline (ivory, touch tone, wall), 2554 (green, modular).  I have a few other Trimlines in boxes, mostly rotary, but a few TT.  All phones are "as is", but we're working when I received them.  Most will need a little cleanup, but are otherwise in good shape.

I'm trying to thin my stocks a little, and what better way than to spread a little Western Electric goodness into Europe. (And shipping is cheaper than in the US...

Items are first come, first served, until my suitcase is either full or over the limit!

I need any requests by 23:59 CET on Sunday, November 20, 2016.

PM me if interested.

Jim

A very generous offer...Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Matilo Telephones

Received something very nice indeed in the post today. From Germany.

Very happy with it. Everything is there and it works too. Absolutely fantastic.

Thank you very very very much, Jim!
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

andy1702

This redistribution of phones is an excellent idea. Here in the UK I'm swamped with GPO 700 series, especially ivory 746s. Anyone visiting from the US who would like to do a swap for something like a 500 or a trimline please let me know.

Andy
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

compubit

Glad it made it through OK!  I think some of the older "hard plastic" cases are stronger than the later model one.  I knew the red needed some cleanup, and I have 2 other red 500s, so I'm glad it went to a good home where it was appreciated.

Besides, I needed to "get rid" of something since I picked up 2 new phones while over there:  a Bundespost ,,dunkelrot" (dark red) FeTAp 791 and a Sand-Beige FeTAp LX01.  The red phone works perfectly.  The beige one has no problems dialing (pulse, and able to switch to tone), but the ringer is sporadic (electronic, but is it frequency-specific?) and the volume from the handset is very low (both transmitter and receiver).  Still, 2 cool phones!

I plan on doing the same thing on my next trip.

Jim

unbeldi

Quote from: compubit on November 30, 2016, 09:10:45 PM

Besides, I needed to "get rid" of something since I picked up 2 new phones while over there:  a Bundespost ,,dunkelrot" (dark red) FeTAp 791 and a Sand-Beige FeTAp LX01.

I think the dark red 791 is a nice looking phone. They are a bit too modern, I'd say, for my collecting taste, but
here is the kind I do have on my wish list:

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

markosjal

I can help with Ericssons (Mexico) as well as Indetel(Mexico) if anyone is interested in those. I Can always USe NE, WE, SC and AE hardwaere from N America an have seen some amazing Soviet phones that I would love to own
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

andy1702

Some of the soviet phones do look quite interesting. They sometimes pop up on E-Bay over here. I'll keep an eye out.

Andy
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.