News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage Telephone Pay Station Lock Tool

Started by Doug Rose, November 05, 2021, 08:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have no idea what is is, but I am hopeful it is to remove the upper lock from a payphone.

$10.61 delivered and I felt it would be gone if I asked before buying it.

What is it? I love the old Telephone tools, so either way it is a win...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175008277958
Kidphone

tubaman

I'm not sure what that tool is for, but aren't the upper locks all keyed the same for each phone type, so you can just buy the appropriate key?

poplar1

Did AE use hex head bolts to attach the locks in single slot pay phones (120)? If so, this tool might be for installing and removing the bolts.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

tubaman

Quote from: poplar1 on November 06, 2021, 08:15:54 AM
Did AE use hex head bolts to attach the locks in single slot pay phones (120)? If so, this tool might be for installing and removing the bolts.

Makes sense and would explain the '120' on the label.

TelePlay

As to the "120", I thought it was an inventory tag number relating to a purchase journal. So, I phoned a friend, the seller, and this is what he said.

"I purchased a large tote of old phones at an estate auction and it was laying on the bottom. It didn't belong to any of the phones in the tote. The tag was attached when I found it. I figured that it was phone related. I asked an online phone collectors group about it. They only agree with me that it for a telephone pay station. They could not provide any other information about it."

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.