News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE type 2 came home with me

Started by RDPipes, September 01, 2022, 12:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Another phone seemed to sneak it's way into my life again, even after complaining I couldn't afford anymore.
So much for that, Hello, my names Ron and I'm a Phonaholic, I'm weak and I hate myself. Okay, now that that's over this AE type 2 followed me home and after a bit of cleaning and polishing it looks a lot more presentable now.
I won't tell you where I got it or how much I paid because I feel it was way too much, even though some seem to thing there worth over a $1000. And NO I didn't even pay close to that for it, just more then I wanted to. As if someone was standing behind me forcing me...Right? Anyway, here she be.

HarrySmith

You definitely have a bad case of Phoneitis. Nice looking phone, those AE models are very cool.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Beautiful! I agree with Harry, AE 2 are a very cool phone. Not many survived without a chip or a crack. You done good Ron..Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

You have done it again. Another terrific addition to your collection and another phone I am unlikely to ever see in this part of the world.

Find of the Month!
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen,

Find of the month for me but it hardly qualifies for "The Find of the Month" being I believe I paid
too much and that I'm not apt to tell anyone where I found it.
Although I'm sure there maybe a few here that already know, or think they do. LOL!

Doug Rose

Ron....I think it is time for some pics of your phone room!....Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 01, 2022, 02:41:06 PMRon....I think it is time for some pics of your phone room!....Doug

Don't have a phone room.......it's more like a phone house, scattered through out. LOL!
Hey, I don't have a whole lot of phones like the rest of ya do cause years ago I sold them and parts
all off. Recently this year I found I had (if memory serves me right) 3 phones that I had held onto
and that was a WE306, Kellogg Red Bar and a AE40....oh! and a AE50, make that 4 phones.
So my meager collection is maybe 20 or so, nothing to write home about.

HarrySmith

Quote from: RDPipes on September 01, 2022, 03:03:11 PMSo my meager collection is maybe 20 or so, nothing to write home about.

That is a good indicator of the disease. Most "normal" people have 1 or 2 phones and would flip out over 20 in the house ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 01, 2022, 03:09:16 PMThat is a good indicator of the disease. Most "normal" people have 1 or 2 phones and would flip out over 20 in the house ;D

Well Harry, I've had the Collecting Bug since I was a very young man of 14 years old and 20 barely makes it a collection as far as my standards go. I just got rid of my pipe collection of over 300 including the racks and near 20 pounds of Tobacco blends. Now granted that was my largest collection I've ever had but, my small appliance collection and HO trains were a very close 2nd.......sadly there all gone too, except maybe 4 appliances I use/display in the kitchen. Glass ware was another but, I think it would have came in as a 3rd. Anyway, so you see I'm no stranger to collecting, just strange, LOL!