News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Manual 202 Imperial

Started by Doug Rose, October 05, 2022, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I finally got a manual Imperial 202 to fill out my 202 set. This is in outstanding condition, with original Ivory cloth cords and Ivory Base. Not many of the Manual Imperials made.

Painted retainer is a perfect finish. No matter where I stand you see me in the reflection.

Plate has a few marks but otherwise is superb for a '55. Original Ivory handset, not painted.

This is just a beauty...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Good find!  There's a lot to discolor and haze on that little gem.  The years have been kind to it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Quote from: 19and41 on October 05, 2022, 07:09:26 PMGood find!  There's a lot to discolor and haze on that little gem.  The years have been kind to it.
thanks I do appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

What a find!  I have bought manual Imperials before, but this is the first time I have seen one with a gold dial blank!

Mike

Doug Rose

Not a true Manual Imperial, but one of my favorites...Doug
Kidphone

Kellogg Kitt

That is in such good condition it looks as if it just rolled out of the factory!  I am imagining it sitting in a luxury hotel room in New York City in the 1920s.
Wade

SUnset2

That red / chrome "imperial" is really pretty. Did you make it?  What is the plating? Is it chrome or something else?

Doug Rose

Paul...it is a Manual Chrome plated 202 that I put a spare Thermo Red F1 and matching cloth cord on it. The dial card is Red.

I had a group of the dial card in different colors made up about 20 years ago at Wistful Vista one of the collector friendly stores. He is now retired from the biz....Doug
Kidphone