News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 495 BP with Cowbells

Started by Doug Rose, September 03, 2013, 06:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I took a little flap on eBay about this cowbell subset. A few "knowledgeable" collectors told me it was covered with paint to hide defects. It was a fake and not the real deal. I contended it was factory paint as I found it. When I couldn't sell it for $70 I decided to strip and see if it was real underneath.

Sure looks real to me!....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290966832689
Kidphone

wds

I noticed you don't have the word "telephone" in your description.  Any time I do a search for telephones or related stuff I always put the word "telephone" in my search words.  This item did not come up on my searches and I wonder if that had anything to do with it?  It's way to time consuming to do searches for each individual manufacturer name, so "telephone" covers all of them.  Anyone else do this?  Otherwise, a nice bell set - well worth the $69.
Dave

G-Man

Doug-

There are a lot of wooden subsets around that WECo painted black when their distributing houses refurbished them.

Of course you already knew that and you could use this as a teachable moment for your knowledgeable friends ;-)

Sargeguy

495 BPs are always painted black and usually have cowbells.  Now you need to repaint it!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Quote from: Sargeguy on September 03, 2013, 05:41:07 PM
495 BPs are always painted black and usually have cowbells.  Now you need to repaint it!
That's not going to happen!
Kidphone

Birdman115

It wasn't at all bad looking painted black, but this is downright gorgeous!