"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first ever... CALL DIRECTOR!

Started by WesternElectricBen, November 20, 2013, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Quote from: TelePlay on November 28, 2013, 02:16:59 AM
Printers, places that print things (not copy) for companies and people, have all types, sizes, colors and weights of paper. You can buy a 11 x 17 off white card stock sheet for a few cents. Up here they are called Heritage Printing. There are others. Google printers in your area. This kind of place . . .

http://www.heritagequalityprinting.com/

My experience with Staples at least, they have a hard time matching the exact size of the finished printing. I took a few radio dial faces to duplicate on JPG files. They could not get the size correct.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WesternElectricBen

Well, I finished er' up.

Took a while, because I lost some of the parts in my own basement, but I got it all assembled again. The bottom is mostly fixed, but it's restored nicely. Sadly, it being a 634, I cannot use it on my KSU, but I still do like how it displays.

Special thanks goes out to Esalter, for helping me locate a back pate copy, which I installed. It's not the original color, but I think it goes nicely along with the phone.

Ben

kleinkaliber

WEBellSystemChristian

Don't know how I missed this thread being updated, but anyway, great job Ben, looks fantastic!!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

DavePEI

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 30, 2013, 12:59:40 PM
Quote from: TelePlay on November 28, 2013, 02:16:59 AM
Printers, places that print things (not copy) for companies and people, have all types, sizes, colors and weights of paper. You can buy a 11 x 17 off white card stock sheet for a few cents. Up here they are called Heritage Printing. There are others. Google printers in your area. This kind of place . . .

http://www.heritagequalityprinting.com/

My experience with Staples at least, they have a hard time matching the exact size of the finished printing. I took a few radio dial faces to duplicate on JPG files. They could not get the size correct.
D/P
Hi Dan:

That would be because jpegs don't save file size settings within the file. If you had used a PDF file or even TIFF or PCX, print size matching would have been automatic. Always use one of the above formats if scanning where there will be a need to match the original dimensions. Personally for the purpose, my favorite is PDF.

Or use one of the three formats listed above, formulate the image on your computer, size it correctly before the final save, and do a test print to confirm the size. Then save it. All future prints whether done on your printer, or on Staples will turn out the same size. Something I learned when I was doing logos.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Contempra

Well done Ben.. now it's finished !.. :D

Hi gang !,Well, I lost a little interest in this hobby and also because I have a life outside telephony and also because I am dealing with my antique TV group on Facebook... but I often read the forum :D.. However, buying phones or tvs are out of price for me now.

WesternElectricBen

Thanks Contempra, good to see you back!

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Yeah, good to see you back, Contempra!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Contempra

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on September 07, 2014, 08:33:20 PM
Yeah, good to see you back, Contempra!

thank you Christian and Ben for the warm welcome :D