What Model of Phone is This? - Swiss Tischstation 70

Started by LarryInMichigan, November 12, 2014, 09:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

ebay link

Thank You

Larry

unbeldi

The label on the bottom names the manufacturer.  GFELLER is a Swiss company that also made telephones and switching equipment, crossbar switches...

This is very much like the German FeTAp 611, but I think it's called  a Tischstation 70, i.e. Table Station 70.

PS: I am sure the official type number is what's on that label:   BTI-39.261.5
The wall version of this has a 260 in that number instead of 261.

LarryInMichigan

Thank you for the information.  I searched for "Tischstation 70" and found lots of phones like this one.  It does resemble a German FeTAp 611 with an odd growth on the end of the handset.  That style was apparently popular as there were Spanish, Dutch, and Australia models with similar looks.

Larry

Matilo Telephones

In the 1950s SEL (Standard Electrik Lorenz) and BTMC Antwerp developed the Assistent. This telephone was the ancestor of many local versions made by ITT all over the world. The outside is virtually the same, but the insides are often very different.

This lead to the German FeTAp, but also the famous Heraldo in Spain and Latin America and there were versions of it in Belgium, Switserland, Australia, etc.

The Dutch T65 is a seperate (non ITT) development, but clearly heavily inspired by it.

There is an article in the TCI library about the Assistent
http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/browse/doc_details/5353-btmc-sel-assistant
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

It took a while, but the Tischstation 70 finally arrived yesterday.  It was in very good condition and only moderately dirty.  I cleaned and polished it and finished reassembling it this morning.  It works well, but the sidetone is quite loud, and the receiver cap does not fit very comfortably against my ear.  The cords are attached to the circuit board with connectors on the back very much like the German FeTAp phones.

Larry

unbeldi

Thanks for the update.  Looks like your telephone was once installed in the city of Basel (61).  But I looked at the eBay auction and it came from Chicago?

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: unbeldi on November 27, 2014, 10:07:27 AM
Thanks for the update.  Looks like your telephone was once installed in the city of Basel (61).  But I looked at the eBay auction and it came from Chicago?

Yes, the seller was in Chicago, but she spent some time living in Switzerland.  In her ebay listing, she stated that she bought it at a flea market in Switzerland and brought it back to the USA.  I have bought numerous foreign phones from people in the USA.  Some were apparently brought here by immigrants, others came from collectors.  BTW, I have neighbors who lived in Australia for many years.  They told me that when they moved to Australia, they brought a phone from the USA with them, and were told by Telecom Australia that it wouldn't work there.

Larry

unbeldi

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 27, 2014, 10:17:19 AM
BTW, I have neighbors who lived in Australia for many years.  They told me that when they moved to Australia, they brought a phone from the USA with them, and were told by Telecom Australia that it wouldn't work there.

Larry
I think they use southern electrons there.

However, those types of electrons do work with No. 13 induction coils.  I sold a bunch of them to someone in Australia.