Mr. Bones

Great snag, Kenton!!! 8) 8) 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WEBellSystemChristian

What a steal, Kent! Sure looks looks like a keeper! ;D

You could probably add a black dial to it, chances are you won't find a med blue dial anytime soon.

You could also paint a couple of cords with Charcoal Grey Duplicolor Vinyl paint. I know I recommend it too much (it's almost as if I'm sponsoring them or something :o) but I have used it on many of my cords. It has an uncanny match to Neutral grey, not to mention that it sticks really well to the cord, and it doesn't break or warp when the cord flexes. You can get it at Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts.

https://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinylFabricCoating/

Between us, we have a full array of Mediterranean Blue 500s; a full-color set, a two tone, and a possibly soon-to-be black dial set!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Ken...I saw it when it came on and couldn't decide with the poor pictures if it was painted or not. Congrats...you sure got a deal....I hope it is a blue....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 30, 2015, 10:40:22 AM
Ken...I saw it when it came on and couldn't decide with the poor pictures if it was painted or not. Congrats...you sure got a deal....I hope it is a blue....Doug
either that or it's grey. The seller says it's green, but it could be faded med blue or faded Oxford Gray. It looks too drab to be green. Either way, definitely rare!
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

The bottom date is also 2-57, so it is in the correct time frame for early colors. I wonder where the dial face went?

Ken

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on January 30, 2015, 10:56:16 AM
I wonder where the dial face went?

Ken
Soooommmmmeeeewhheeeeerrrrreeeee, oooooooovvveeerrrrrrr tthhee rrraaaaaaaaiiinnnbbbboooowwwwww! ;D

Seriously, though, it probably went in the trash. I've seen a lot of dial faces and cords replaced on early 500s. I have no idea why, but at least it's an easy fix!

By the way, this is my 1000th post! :D
Christian Petterson

andre_janew

Now all he has to do is find a beige phone with a blue dial and then swap dials.

Dan/Panther

Kenton;
I hope the phone is Mediterranean Blue. My only concern is the listing says, GREEN and White. If you went by the monitor color, you may be let down. Like Doug mentioned, the finish appears rather dull, hopefully NOT painted.
Good Luck, I wish I had a more positive opinion.
Monitor color, has bitten me in the rear MANY times.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Dan/Panther on January 30, 2015, 12:13:05 PM
Kenton;
I hope the phone is Mediterranean Blue. My only concern is the listing says, GREEN and White. If you went by the monitor color, you may be let down. Like Doug mentioned, the finish appears rather dull, hopefully NOT painted.
Good Luck, I wish I had a more positive opinion.
Monitor color, has bitten me in the rear MANY times.

D/P
I'm betting this is med blue. Remember one of our members bought an Oxford Gray 500 from a knowledgeable (in the field of telephones) antique dealer. The phone was discolored so badly that he thought it was Green, so he priced it at $100.

Med blue is one of those colors that has its identity completely changed with only a little bit of discoloration.
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

Worst comes to worst, I'll have a two tone green set, and I'll be ok with that.

K,

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on January 30, 2015, 05:40:14 PM
Worst comes to worst, I'll have a two tone green set, and I'll be ok with that.

K,
And if best comes to best, you will strike the luck you usually do! ;D

On my screen, it's definitely a med blue with a little discoloration on the center of the handset.
Christian Petterson

Dan/Panther

I also hope the phone is Blue, No one would hope otherwise.
I also agree my track record of recognizing hidden gems is rather poor.
D/P

RotarDad

Kenton - I'm also very sure that phone is M-blue.  Looking in the cradle area, I see shine in the corners and the color is very consistent throughout.  The lighting in the pics also looks pretty normal.  I think you're good.  I would have gone at least up to $100 if that item had been an auction....   Find some gray cords, install a 7D, and that will be a beauty!!  Be sure to post pics upon receipt, and post restoration!!!
Paul

Dan/Panther

I won't swear by the color, but the receiver cap APPEARS to have 6 holes, NOT 7. Here is an enhanced photo of the cap in your listing.

D/P