News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How Much Do You Think This Phone Will Sell For??

Started by Doug Rose, August 27, 2016, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre_janew

He'll be lucky to get the starting price.  More than likely, it will be relisted with a different starting price.  It might not be $99.95, but perhaps $1,750.

Doug Rose

This is a Thermoplastic Blue 305, not a 302. I have never seen one. I have to sleep at night, Janet would kill me or I would bid on it. I think it is Rare and yes RARE is an overused term. This displays wonderfully. It's been a while for me to see a phone I just have to have.....but can't.

Rumor was that Gary Goff had the complete set of color 305s, just needing the blue, but that was a long time ago.

I am surprised there is not a little more "wow" about this find, but that's just me.

If anyone wants to buy it for me, I would humbly accept it.....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 29, 2016, 07:18:01 PM
This is a Thermoplastic Blue 305, not a 302. I have never seen one. I have to sleep at night, Janet would kill me or I would bid on it. I think it is Rare and yes RARE is an overused term. This displays wonderfully. It's been a while for me to see a phone I just have to have.....but can't. Rumor was that Gary Goff had the complete set of color 305s, just needing the blue, but that was a long time ago. I am surprised there is not a little more "wow" about this find, but that's just me. If anyone wants to buy it for me, I would humbly accept it.....Doug

Doug,

You would know better than I of its value. Seller will be happy if you are correct on its rarity and it sells. Yes, this could be another $6,000 phone if more than one buyer is laying in the weeds. It is a very nice looking phone, just wasn't a good candidate for a contest, for reasons stated. If it does sell for $3,000 or higher, I'd say I was wrong on that decision.

So, with that said, let's try a more run of the mill challenge for the next contest:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16680.0

TelePlay

Well, the blue WE 305 ended with a thud last night, the thud was the seller sitting down to figure out what to do next with the phone. If it is relisted with a reasonable starting price with a longer auction period, it could be a contest (or a special contest if it contains a reserve).

Doug Rose

I am amazed! I figured it was a 3K phone, even with the damage to the base. Certainly not an easy find. Someone knew what they were doing with the OPW cords. Pics of the inside would have helped.  It would have sat proudly in my collection....just the matter of $$....Doug
Kidphone

Babybearjs

the price is way too high... if a colored 302 is valued at about $500 to 1K, then a colored 410 shouldn't be more then $12 to 1500.00 at max. besides, thanks to cell phones, all these are , are museum pieces.....
John

Doug Rose

Not a 410, a 305. On off switch. I have seen Blue 302s go for over 2K. I still fell it was the correct price to start...and I am NOT the seller.

Lets see what happens next, Summer is a bad time to sell as you know. It could go much higher on the next listing.

Just my two cents...at least I got these going again, which was my intention....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: Sargeguy on August 29, 2016, 01:42:01 PM
The so called "rule" about not posting "sleepers" is no rule at all, more a courtesy to people who may be bidding or watching the sleeper item.

Ditto.  The "rule" for me is self-imposed.  But I never saw the guessing contests we had in the category of being "sleepers".
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Babybearjs

Just remember..... Christmas IS coming.... wouldn't that be a treat to have Santa leave that phone under the tree.....
John