News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell Canada 10K Gold Ring

Started by ....., January 23, 2018, 09:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A friend of mine was a Bell Canada operator from 1977 to 2002. She was laid off along with the other operator's when Bell had switched their jobs over to computers. She has this 1980's Bell Canada 10K gold pinky ring that she wants to sell to me. I told her to have it apprised so she would know what it is worth before I make her an offer for it. Anyone have any idea what I should offer her in CDN dollars?

TelePlay

Once it's appraised for the value of the gold content, multiply times 3 for the lowball offer and times 6 for the high end offer, the "Bell" factor.

It looks like I'm going to own this ring. I got a call from my friend to come and pick it up. She said she wasn't to worried about the value, just give her what I think is fair for it. Her husband was a good friend and passed away 2 1/2 years ago. They never had kids, so there is no one to leave it too. She just wants it to go to a good home. She also said that she has more items, but they had been packed away years ago. She is thinking of down sizing and said she would let me know when she finds them. She is my age and I guess when we get to this point in time of our life's, we start thinking about what to do with what we have amassed over our life time.

I'll do what is right and give her fair value for it.

After buying my friend's ring, she did some more digging and came up with two watches and a lineman necklace fob.
The 25 year watch was her mothers who was also an Bell operator and the newer one was my friend's 20 year watch. She gave them to me. She said she wanted them to go where they will be appreciated and displayed.

CanadianGuy

Wow, what a find! I enjoy talking to my customers who say they retired from the phone company. Just had one today actually! He retired 4 or 5 years after MTS (now owned by Bell) was privatized.