News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Manual WE Imperial Set Brown Ivory Accents

Started by Doug Rose, March 28, 2018, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is an absolutely flawless Brass Plated base. No signs of use. Ivory Painted punger is superb. A WE Brown Bakelite F1 with an Ivory( not bad) WE curly cord. Ivory WE base. I have had this Brown Manual Dial Plate that I think came of a manual Mottle Brown  #1 set. I just kept it, thinking someday it will be needed. Shined up a brass retainer ring and a real Dial Card from Duxbury MA.

In the Old Days of eBay Selling I would have sold the perfect base

I told you I was bored.......but I amazed myself with the results....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

Nice job Doug.     I'm quite sure that if Western had assembled this set back in the day, they would have quickly marketed it to Bell System Company's.   A few sellers on eBay have tried the mix and match with various sets and color combinations over the years, with so so results.    Your combination of colors and finishes actually looks stunning.   

Jeff

Doug Rose

Thanks guys.....I was just playing and surprised myself....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

nice job Doug. i'm blind when it comes to color & style. So I stick with restoring what other people with better taste designed. Maybe that's why I let the wife pick the colors I put on the house :-)
Gary

Pourme

~

That combination really works well...

All this talk of "brown" bakelite sparked your imagination with positive results!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Nick in Manitou

RB

Doug Rose

Thanks for all your feedback, I do appreciate it. I decided it looked best with an E1 on it. I only had one Brown E1, so that was the winner. I have 20 D1 202s on display in my collection and on 7 have E1s, 35%.  Well, most are Imperials or Continentals....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Very Nice! I agree, the E handset looks better.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

One last change, a better handset cord. It is done and it is a keeper....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434