News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by Doug Rose, April 25, 2018, 01:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was cleaning some of my phones today and came across this beauty. Just what is it? It does work. Slide the switch and you get DT. It calls out and rings. It looks like an awful lot of work for a home brew. Usually I would change out a stained dial card, but it belongs on this phone.

Sorry, Rainy weather today, so I used the bathroom next to the Phone room for pics.  8)

6026D on the base of the switch. Kinda cool, that's why I kept it as its a later issue than what I normally collect, BUT What is this??....Doug
Kidphone

Haf

Doug,

Ive never seen this one and it looks somehow self made to me too, but it remembers me to an extern teletype machine dialer. That would probably explain the effort put into it.

But maybe I'm wrong and somebody knows better :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

poplar1

Usually, the dial would be installed on top of the desk, the subset on the side if the desk, a headset plugged in rather than a handset, and the 6026 where the key would be accessible to the user. Equivalent to a single line set. Some 6026 keys have hold function as well as on-off.

It may also be called 4A Key Equipment, but I would need to confirm that.

An update to the 152AB desk stand (candlestick) for order takers, dispatchers, etc.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.