News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Hip" To be at Brimfield!!

Started by Doug Rose, July 10, 2018, 03:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I missed the last three Brimfields because of my bad hip and then hip replacement.  What better day to try it out with 92 degrees Hot & Humid! Perfect!! Jan and I had a great day ...the hip held out and we got some real nice phones at bargain Prices!

I had always wanted a Kellogg ITT Desk Payphone. No clean up yet but it looks like it is is really nice shape $50!! I had just turned Jan loose with the wagon back to the SUV when I found this. I carried it back to the car. Ouch!  I am more than happy with it.

Real nice early WE stick with outside terminals for $100. The rest were $5 and $10 each. Stellar day. I need a Sam's Summer for medicinal purposes  8)...maybe Two....Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Very nice. Wish we had events like that.
Where will you put them all - any phone room extensions in the pipeline?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Fab...no phone room extensions. Janet Rose is understanding to a point. Two will stay the rest will find other collections....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Thanks Harry...I might need another Sam's. I'm not as young as I used to be ....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Glad to hear your hip held up Doug. Nice haul. I remember an age when Colonoscopy, hip replacement & prostate discussions weren't part of a guys normal conversation.   
Gary

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 10, 2018, 03:13:48 PM

I had always wanted a Kellogg ITT Desk Payphone. No clean up yet but it looks like it is is really nice shape $50!! I
And it as a 3 slot.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

LM Ericsson

Regards,
-Grayson

Doug Rose

Thanks folks...wonderful day....even with heat and humidity....nothing like Brimfield...Doug
Kidphone

Daniel B.

Congratulation Doug! You have to be proud of your ITT payphone...In red color, this phone is so desirable...It's a real beauty! This phone are in my wish list for sure! This long humid day  8) was the best test for your new hip...I'm so happy for you! :P

Daniel B.

oldguy

Daniel, after seeing your avatar, I would like to see pictures of you collection.
Gary

Doug Rose

Quote from: Daniel B. on July 10, 2018, 11:51:00 PM
Congratulation Doug! You have to be proud of your ITT payphone...In red color, this phone is so desirable...It's a real beauty! This phone are in my wish list for sure! This long humid day  8) was the best test for your new hip...I'm so happy for you! :P

Daniel B.
thanks Daniel.....this has always been a dream phone of mine.  It is red, another PLUS. It looks to be in really nice shape. No key so I will play with it this weekend. This little dude is heavier than it looks! Or I am older than I think....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

those ITT/Kellogg paystations are based on a Japenese design and good luck on the locks.Years ago I tryed Vavercek to help with locks but no luck

Doug Rose

thanks Robbie....I know I will never get it opened....hoping for the best....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 11, 2018, 07:56:34 PM
thanks Robbie....I know I will never get it opened....hoping for the best....Doug
Doug,
they aren't that had to get open. However the pry marks do detract from the "look" of the phone.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.