News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS Gray ITT Kellogg Manual Cinderella (Princess) Set 1964

Started by Doug Rose, February 02, 2019, 08:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Normally, this would be out of the years that I collect but I am making an exception.  8)  Made in 1964, this beauty is 55 years old. This is perfect in its original box. I love that it is a manual set. I have never seen a manual Princess. I guess Cinderella was Kelloggs answer to the Princess. I don't see any difference, but I am no expert on them....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

thanks Harry....it is such a different color and it does shine!
Kidphone

Scott

Too cool! What is the story behind you getting it?

Scott K.

Pourme

Another great find, Doug!

So unique...I love looking at it!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Quote from: Scott on February 02, 2019, 08:39:32 AM
Too cool! What is the story behind you getting it?

Scott K.
Scott....it was a eBay purchase, it just came on when I saw it....right place...right time. Seller is old friend Steve Hilsz...Doug

https://tinyurl.com/y9cd4o9q

Kidphone

Scott

K1WI

Awesome phone Doug ,
     Check out my avatar ... one of my favorite phones in my collection is a gray ( carton says gray ...not the usual grey) manual princess.  This one is WECO .It was used at the MDF in a very small SxS central office in downstate NY .there were three of them , the only ones I ever saw.  I took the 
'effort" to preserve them when the CO was converted to a DMS remote.
I am away and when I'm back will send you some photos.
   One strange thing, they have lights for the dial that isn't there !
Andy F
Andy F    K1WI

Doug Rose

thanks Andy...it is a beauty. Yours is a WE? Very nice indeed!...>Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

Yeah, this one hits all the points for me too. NOS, Grey, Manual, Kellogg. that's a beauty you have there.
Butch Harlow

Jim Stettler

That is a really cool phone. It would be a keeper for me as well. You should put it in the FOTM.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

oldguy

Nice find Doug. You too Andy. I also had never seen one before. I must not have paid attention to Andy's avitar before.
Gary

jsowers

Congratulations, Doug. It's a rare phone and NOS is even better.

I posted mine over 8 years ago in the thread about gray phones, in 2010. Mine is an ITT/Kellogg Cinderella and it's NOS and did come with the number card and ring, but no box. Picture below. It's in this thread:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3312.0

The above thread is interesting if you haven't seen it, and even if you have it's interesting to see again what came in gray, both light and dark gray. Lots of unusual and wonderful things. Light gray was uncommon and used mostly for business installations but was also used in home installations too. The next time you look at the Mary Tyler Moore Show, notice that all the phones at WJM are light gray Touch-Tone sets. Some are 10-button sets too. It's an unusual color and hard to spot on TV since it can look green or beige in low light.

Jonathan

paul-f

Quote from: jsowers on February 02, 2019, 01:16:56 PM
I posted mine over 8 years ago in the thread about gray phones, in 2010.

Jonathan -- back then you beat me to posting the one I got at about the same time. As I recall, someone put a bunch up on ebay one-at-a-time. Great sets!

Thanks for the reminder on the gray phones topic. It's been quiet for a while. Time to hunt for more gray sets!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line