News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 1A Base with Condenser and Ringer

Started by Doug Rose, November 23, 2019, 01:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

What is the AE model of this phone? Is there a diagram to wire the base with the condenser to the phone....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Wrong handset on your's Doug.

The original is an intercom I believe.
The proper handset is a unique beast with a 2-conductor (12volt?) handset cord, and has an induction coil built into it. Can't remember the model #; I will do some checking or someone else might know.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Thanks Ray...I have the correct induction handset. I am looking where to connect the two wires coming from the condenser and ringer. I'll post pics......Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
         Here you go -  https://tinyurl.com/wy9dlhp           It is in the Telephone Wiring Diagrams , Automatic Electric Wiring Diagrams ,  pg 2 , scroll down to AE 32A14 .  AE Catalog 4055 , 1934 , pgs. 15 and 16 . 
        These were for PAX , private  automatic exchanges , mine works on the POTS line also. Hope this helps .   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Thanks Ken.....just what I needed, nice and easy. I do appreciate it....always a pleasure my friend.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

After putting up the Christmas lights this morning a TDay tradition, I got a few minutes to work on this . The bottom ring had a huge chip and the induction handset also had a huge chip and was rusted.

Sooo, I used Stub's wiring diagram and an AE 21 handset and it didn't come out too bad. I rolled the ring to the back. It works with the AE21 , dials out and tings on incoming. Conversation is clear.

Thanks for the diagram Ken.....Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

I really like that little phone. Fixing that break wouldn't be too difficult.
Were you planning on repairing it?

Would you add a photo of the induction handset, would be interesting to see it.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Handset has this huge chip and was rusted out, but I did save the cloth cord which is one piece three to the receiver and three  to the transmitter, but the elements are gone, really rusted..

With the chip now in the back, I think I will keep it as is.....thanks CJ....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 28, 2019, 02:18:33 PM
After putting up the Christmas lights this morning a TDay tradition, I got a few minutes to work on this . The bottom ring had a huge chip and the induction handset also had a huge chip and was rusted.

Sooo, I used Stub's wiring diagram and an AE 21 handset and it didn't come out too bad. I rolled the ring to the back. It works with the AE21 , dials out and tings on incoming. Conversation is clear.

Thanks for the diagram Ken.....Doug
I reproduce these extension bases so you do not ever have to repair a broken bakelite original.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC