News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Refurbished my WE306

Started by RDPipes, October 20, 2022, 01:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

I purchased this one quite a while ago and unlike the RED version I did I decided to keep this as original as I could but, sadly I had to repaint the metal case and replace the cordage with an original cloth covered handset cord and a reproduction line cord with mod end. Oh, And this one has the 372 tube unlike the RED one having the smaller tube 426A. I had a lot of sanding to do on the handset to bring it even close to new because it seen a lot of use and sunlight which oxidized it and gave it that speckled dull look. Not to mention quite a bit of buffing. The case was pretty straight forward, I bead blasted it, primer and then painted with rattle can and let cure for sometime so as to rub it out. It really needs a finer rubbing out and wax but, I have to wait a month before doing that. Yeah, the joys of using rattle can, LOL! Anyway she's up and ringing and I'm glad I'm done.........for now.

FABphones

Nice Phone and nice photos.

When I use rattlecan paint I bake the piece in the oven.

There are a few good threads to be found via 'search' above, this is just one showing a nice example with info (from reply #18):
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19989

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on October 20, 2022, 11:13:31 PM...When I use rattlecan paint I bake the piece in the oven.
I've heard of this before but, I don't know if I want my oven smelling like paint, LOL!
Besides my electric bill is high enough, the house is ALL electric and I sure miss my natural gas heating.
If I had a very small oven that I could just fit these sort of things in I might give it a go.

Please excuse me CJ, it's way too early for me and I missed thanking you, Thank you!