News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new Skeleton telephone

Started by dsk, January 30, 2023, 10:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witty

Interesting comment David. On that website one link describes it this way.

"This is Ericsson's most well known telephone.  In Sweden it is called "tax" (Dachshound), in Denmark the sewing machine, in Australia the skeleton and in USA the Eiffel Tower."
Ken

poplar1

Quote from: Witty on January 31, 2023, 06:33:28 PMInteresting comment David. On that website one link describes it this way.

"This is Ericsson's most well known telephone.  In Sweden it is called "tax" (Dachshound), in Denmark the sewing machine, in Australia the skeleton and in USA the Eiffel Tower."

Dachshund? I don't see it
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

dsk

On the way to learn more about the phone I also visited eBay.  Some people say that the pricing there is trustworthy.

In that case I am rich.. Here is one that has been roughly polished, roughly painted. The wiring is done on another planet?

.. OK I'm not rich. But this was scaring. Many others out there to a more realistic cost.
Those I bought mine from was really interested, and focused on that the phone should get a good home, and I guess that it will be at our kitchen with a direct line to the man-cave ;)

FABphones

Some eBay sellers certainly do have high hopes. Although the listing you show is not the same model as yours, more realistic prices for genuine Skeletal phones average around £500 (UK) at the higher end. Prices of course do vary (country, model, condition).

This is the link to my version, a No16.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24366

I particularly like the Teardrops on your model, and handsets do come up for auction so you should be able to source the correct version.  :)

You did well, nice find.

Link to above sales listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313807397425

(Additional images below)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Contempra

This phone is a beauty by itself  .

dsk

I guess I go for using a newer version.  After some testing, the more modern one works better, probably because it has less wear. This is from the year after so it is from 1896 :-)  I have now had it at our kitchen in 4 months, with a line to the "mancave"  No problems so far. :D