Main Menu

Federal set

Started by rdelius, October 30, 2010, 09:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

Do not see these much.
Robby

KeithB

So, is this a 302 clone, or a special model made by Western Electric?

rdelius

This set was built by Federal telephone and radio corp. This was part of IT&T. Similar sets were built overseas and looked the same on the outside , but parts were different. Copied the 302 looks but parts are different .IT&T was originally international Western Electric but by this time -mid 1940s no relationship to Western Electric.
Robby

LarryInMichigan

The dial looks very much like the one in my Connecticut Toaster Phone.  It is interesting that is has mounting holes for North American style dial mounts and probably European.

Larry

Doug Rose

I always found these phones fascinating. You never really saw an abundance of them. Getting one in this beautiful condition is a wonderful find.  When I found mine years ago, I thought it was a 302 and didn't realize until I had it home. Very cool phone...Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

This set was a mess. I got it from Paul Vaverchak. Case damaged and no handset.Repaired broken case and got a handset off a Cuban 102 set.I think some of the design features came from Standard electric in Belgium. I think the set is ex US military though.
Robby

Jim Stettler

I only found out about these federal 302's earlier this year. I may have a digital copy of a flyer for this set. I will post it if I can find it.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

LarryInMichigan

oldphon

Can you let me know the length and colors of the dial wiring harness?  I have a couple of these sets, but they are manual, and I want to add a dial to one, as correct as possible.

Thanks-

rdelius

The dial cord is about 10 inches long, wires are yellow,white,green,red. There is a woven black cover over the wiring harness. The lugs on the telephone end are very small. You might have to hunt for the dial. Standard US dials will not mount in this set. the screws are at the 1o'clock and the & o'clock positions. This dial was used in other military telephones.
Robby

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jeremy Walters on November 08, 2010, 05:29:39 PM
Can you let me know the length and colors of the dial wiring harness?  I have a couple of these sets, but they are manual, and I want to add a dial to one, as correct as possible.

Thanks-

Welcome to the forum Jeremy.

You will have fun here. There are lots of collectors that you already know.
Jim S.
Jim Stettler
ATCA #1556
TCI
classicrotaryphones.com forum
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Jeremy Walters on November 08, 2010, 05:29:39 PM

Thanks-

Hi Jeremy! You made it. Now that you're on yet another forum you will have absolutely NO time left over for projects around the house. (except phone projects of course).

Terry

Phonesrfun

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy.

-Bill G

Doug Rose

Jeremy....welcome to the Forum...it is a fun place to talk about phones. .........Doug Rose
Kidphone

oldphon