News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 50 with Party Line Attachment

Started by Doug Rose, October 26, 2011, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I know I saw a thread on this recently, but I can't find it. I just came up with a Beautiful AE 50 with a partyline attachment and a tapered plunger. Phone is in amazing condition. With this dial, its probably a Philips of Canada. Any tips on getting this guy to work would be appreciated. Just how does it work. I slide it out and the plunger pops up. Basically all the trouble shooting as I just received it in the mail. NDT but I haven't opend anything...thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Wallphone

Doug, The Red AE 50 that was just on eBay had that lever on it but I didn't see what the plunger looked like.
Other Doug

Wallphone

Here's the link. < http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5483.msg66829#msg66829 >
There are a couple pics of the plunger it it kinda looks like the one you showed.
Doug Pav

GG

Nice one!  If the dial numberplate is worn, you can get numeric ones from GPO Spares, for the #10 dial. 

Those 50s with party line hookswitch could be highly useful to "switchers" among us, because that hookswitch is basically equivalent to the "monitor/talk" button on a test handset.  So a party line 50 mounted next to your MDF, wired to whatever type of test clips you use (Strowger clips, alligator clips, TAC connector, goof plug, whatever), is usable as a test set.

I'm still keeping my eyes open for any type of plain-Jane AE 50 with SL ringer at a reasonable price and without damage, preferably "straight from the barn" or "in the wild" since I do my own refurbs.  The Canadian version with GPO dial looks great too. 

Doug Rose

Another collector posted a question on the AE Party Line phone and it got me thinking, GG last posted 1/23/12. It's almost a year. GG posted long and often... numerous times a day. Anyone have any idea where he went. He was dedicated! His input is missed....Doug
Kidphone