News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

G1 Handset with F1 Elements

Started by Doug Rose, July 04, 2012, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have seen F1 handsets with G elements. but I have never seen a G1 with F elements. I got this handset on a 5302 that had seen better days. I was shocked when I saw F elements insdie. Receiver cup is Marked H2 and it only fits in one way. Receiver cap is marked H and the transmitter cap is marked F. One heavy G1...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Those "GF" handsets were apparently used alot on 5302s.  There have been a discussion or two here about them before.  Removing the inner part of the transmitter cap to remove the transmitter can be a real challenge.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Doug Rose

Larry/Dennis.....I know remember this as a GF. Is really is kind of cool...many thanks.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

It just sort of seems unbelievable that if WECo had surplus F elements due to turning 302's into 5302's that they wouldn;t just redistribute the surplus elements for use as replacements in F handsets and not bother with a custom version of the G handset to use them up in. Some of the stuff they did to save money and materials just seems to be over the top to me!

Terry

Adam

This might not have been simply an effort to use up the F handset elements.  Under certain loop conditions, an F handset worked better on a 5302 than a G handset, and remembering the whole idea was to get phones out to the public that looked like 500 sets, hence the GF handset. It fulfilled the need for a G-looking handset on the 5302 while giving the wanted response characteristics of the F handset with the 302's guts.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820