News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally got a 5302

Started by McHeath, August 10, 2012, 11:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

302 and 5302 phones are to have basically the same sound level in the receiver to the listener as the 500.  If volume is low, first try swapping the HA1 receiver element for a known good one.  If the volume is still low, the problem is due to wiring or something else.  You should hear no difference between a 302 and any other modern phone.
-Bill G

McHeath

Hmm.  Okay I'll have to dig into the wiring as I don't have any other F handset parts.  It's very soft on the volume.

HowardPgh

McHeath-
Try substituting a U1 element(as a test) before you tear into the phone.  Also try the HA1 on a 500 to see if it works louder.
Howard
Howard

McHeath

Finally dug around inside it tonight and found the problem.  Crossed black wire in the dial, the connector was touching the terminal next to it.  Fixed that and it sounds fine now.  However the handset red and black wires have a lot of fraying going on before the clamped on spades.  I think I will put new spades on by shortening the wires a bit, though this does not seem to be harming the sound. 

Called both local and Montana and it sounds good now.  In fact both parties noted that the sound was extremely clear.

southernphoneman

nice 5302,mine has the adjustment switch on the ringer. i know some of them had them and some did not. congradulations on it