"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

pop quiz

Started by HarrySmith, April 08, 2013, 12:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Can anyone identify the base below??
Part of the newest restoration I just started.
The $20.00 bill is not part of the quiz nor is it the prize for a correct guess ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

I can't really tell from the photos if those are rivets or holes.  If they're holes, it's probably a Kellogg base.  They attached their components with screws and nuts rather than rivets.

HarrySmith

Good guess Dennis, I probably should not have named the pictures Kellogg either :D
I thought the phone was a WE when I picked it up as the bottom looks just like a WE. Another nasty challenge to restore, here is the phone.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

MK-500 -BA (2).   If you remove the bill ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

southernphoneman

hope to see photos when this phone is done :)

Dennis Markham

Harry, I didn't notice that the photos were titled Kellogg, but should have.  I have had some experience working with the Kellogg chassis so I was pretty confident it was a Kellogg.

That's a Michigan Area code (517) on that dial card, once all of Central MI (Lansing area) was 517.

HarrySmith

OK, I should have known it would not be a challenge for you guys! The markings on it are: 591 08 (LR) 020 5 05. The last two numbers 05 may not be right, very faint. I have it apart right now with the plastics in an OxiClean soak. More pictures to come.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"