Main Menu

Time to give finlover a run for his money...sort of

Started by phoneguy06, April 21, 2009, 09:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

contraste

Quote from: HobieSport on May 15, 2009, 05:02:16 AM
Quote from: contraste
Sorry Jorge, I was being flippant.
Your phones are superbly restored and photographed.

Contraste I "got" the "conspiracy theory" joke, it brought a smile and I thought it was a compliment to both Jorge and Finlover. I guess I enjoy somewhat flippant humor, but I have to remember that my well intentioned silliness and wordplay can sometimes be misread on the interweb and that's why I use the winking emoticon a lot. ;)

But I digress. I'm just extremely impressed, purely as a rank amateur, with the work of both Jorge and Finlover; it's an inspiration to levels of quality that I never ever expect to achieve, but something to strive towards. Thank you Jorge for the great and educational photo albums. 8)

Good advice.

I'd actually seen Jorge's web photo albums before joining this forum and they were instrumental in fueling my interest in vintage phones, especially WE 500's.

So welcome Jorge, I look forward to reading your posts.

finlover

Now I AM running for my money--nice job, phoneguy06!!  Just keep away from middle aged ladies who pay too much money for really shiny phones--that's MY turf!   ;D

Steve

Again, welcome finlover.

I have to ask you how you get that color "POP" in your photos. do they look that good up close? it's like they glow. no offense meant here , I just want to know your secrets. :) are you using the hydrogen peroxide whitening treatment? are they just that clean? ( I can only afford the ones with "patina" myself) so maybe I'm just a bit jealous :) ANYWAY, I'm just glad to see you posting here as I think you will bring a lot of knowledge to the forum. do you have a web gallery of your phones?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

finlover

Thank you, Steve!  I strive to make them as new looking as possible.  My photo skills are a little lacking.  :-\  To me they look better in person!

I've had some success with hydrogen peroxide, but I've also ruined a couple of cheap phones experimenting with it.  I'm going to try the 20% instead of the 40% solution to minimize the risk of burning the plastic, which leaves a white residue that can be difficult to remove.  So while it's not a cure-all, H2O2 can be a valuable tool for reversing yellowing, followed by careful sanding and lots of polishing.

Right now I don't have a web gallery, but you have inspired me.  I think I'll put one together with the help of my friend Jorge, who always has excellent pictorials.

AET

Quote from: finlover on May 19, 2009, 11:44:05 PM
Now I AM running for my money--nice job, phoneguy06!!  Just keep away from middle aged ladies who pay too much money for really shiny phones--that's MY turf!   ;D

HAHAHA!  Best comment of the day!  Great taste in phones, cars, and a sense of humor!
- Tom