News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drkp

I also have a segment of a trunk line removed from Pittsburgh, though apparently a newer one -- perhaps from the same source?
Dan

wds

Great - now we have found two of the samples.  Only 8 more to go?
Dave

wds

More test equipment.
Dave

wds

The "rolodex" dialer is color matched to the phone, Brown.  I don't see a dial in there!
Dave

Jim Stettler

Quote from: wds on February 16, 2018, 12:13:50 PM
The "rolodex" dialer is color matched to the phone, Brown.  I don't see a dial in there!
I think that is called  a magicall dialer. The "programming" dial is a seperate unit. The dial turns up at phone shows.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

OK, I'm going to ask.
How much did the collection cost you. If it's listed, sorry, I missed it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

wds

is this the dial you were referring to?  Would the set up on my phone require the extra dial since the multiline phone already has a dial? 

Link to another thread about the dialer:

Magicall Dialer

ironically, that same dialer is still for sale on Ebay:

KS 19594 L2
Dave

HarrySmith

Only been up for 3 years. I have had stuff on ebay for longer. Finally sold though. I always tell my wife, everything sells eventually. I may be wrong with this thing!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

That is the dial. My understanding is that you need that dial for programming, and, that dial won't work in a phone.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

wds

I'll keep my eye out when I open up the rest of the boxes.  It might be in there somewhere.
Dave

rdelius

That Ebay dial has been modified  note the bnc connections instead of the cord. I have a complete dasa unit I will sell or trade.The dials on the programmers are motor driven and useless for any other thing

jsowers

Dave, your first picture under test equipment is a Teletrainer and not considered test equipment unless you want to use it to test ringers. It was used in schools to teach children how to use the telephone and teach telephone manners. Boy could a lot of people benefit from a lesson in telephone manners.

You plug 500 sets into the two 4-prong jacks and in my experience you have to have them wired for ground ringing, which means black ringer wire to G and yellow mounting cord wire to G. Then you can ring two different phones and they can talk to each other. Kids love playing with the thing, but it can make lots of noise. The phones for it came with 25' cords so the teacher could control the unit while the students were on the phone. They were fairly well made units and most of them still work after all these years.

Yours is the original model Teletrainer and there were at least two other later models that were smaller.
Jonathan

wds

Thanks for the info.  I will plug a couple phones in to it and play around with it.
Dave

AE_Collector

Back to the MagiCall Dialer....

Yes, like the black dial box. The green one may have been correct once but has been modified into something else as Robby said.

I don't think I have ever seen a brown MagiCall Dialer but maybe just a colour we never had here. That is a keeper! Keep eyes open for a dial though it is just to program it, not to use the Dialer.

<edit> Looking closer it looks like the Dialer May be painted brown to go with the phone. Oh well, they are a very "60's" retro item. <edit off>

The Cast aluminum square thing is a SxS bank cleaning and device. Fill it with Freon (I think!) and then you pump it out onto a little tool with rollers and run it over SxS switch banks to clean them. I hVent seen one of them for a long time!

Terry

wds

Is this the roller you are referring to?
Dave