"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory AE 50

Started by jfrutschy, November 20, 2013, 09:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrutschy

Hi everyone,

Thought I would show my new ivory AE 50 I purchased from a private collector.  I just love AE models.  Restored four black models and have. AE 35 for her sister.  Anyway take a look she's gorgeous!  I think you will agree.

Again thanks  for all your help in my new endeavor everyone is so very helpful.

John

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

stub

John,
         WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!!stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

Contempra

jfrutschy---very nice phone :D---beautiful

unbeldi

Any dates, any data from this phone? What kind of ringer?
I see there is a paper tag, is this original from AE, or the previous owner's tag?

jfrutschy

Will disassemble this weekend and take pix of numbers and so forth.  As far as the cord I was told he just replaced with a NOS.   I will ask the seller for any particulars that may peek more interest.  When he showed this one and a beige one.  I fell in love!   He promised both to me and several others that I can't wait to get.

HarrySmith

Quote from: unbeldi on November 20, 2013, 01:49:17 PM
I see there is a paper tag, is this original from AE, or the previous owner's tag?
The tag comes on all the AE Extensicords, which is thier name for that braided cord. There was a member of TCI selling NOS Extensicords a few years back, I picked one up, still in the original paper packaging with the same tag.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jfrutschy

Bought one myself from oldphoneworks and am bidding on same currently!  They seem to be readily available if you want to pay about $100

HarrySmith

Yes, they are easy to find but I am too cheap to pay $100.00 for a cord ;D
When Steve had them he was selling them for $60.00, which I still thought was pricey ;) Hence I only got one and I am waiting for the perfect phone to put it on.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

WOW!! Stunning. Looks like it was carved from white chocolate. Condition is superb. This is a wonderful find!!...Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Wow, that is beautiful!

Ben

jfrutschy

Here's what she looks like internally!