"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

(3) Sets of WE 302 Ringers Won't Ring

Started by gands-antiques, March 09, 2013, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Quote from: gands-antiques on March 10, 2013, 04:01:55 PM
One of the capacitors has 2 wires and it shows no resistance when I check it with the ohm meter. 

The other 2 capacitors have 4 wires.  Which wires do I check on the capacitors with 4 wires?

Thanks,
Gary
On mine yellow and yellow goes to the ringer, Red and black is a part of the voice circuit.

dsk

dsk

The tester looks great.
I don't know if it will ring a a ringer just connected to the tester without anything else, that would be fine just now.

The diagram under may be used to tester, or to regular telephone line, and just ring it from your mobile.

If the capacitor is needed 0.5µF may be a little to the 1800 ohms ringer, but with a minimum on the bias spring it should ring weak. A 1 or even 2 µF capacitor should work wit any ringers.

If you can make the setup with a working ringer, and just change the ringer everything else should be OK

dsk

gands-antiques

Thanks.  The tester will test a ringer out of the phone without anything attached to it by attaching two wire leads that are attached to a mod plug to the ringer wires.

Gary

Phonesrfun

Maybe the tester is telling you that the ringers are not going to work.
-Bill G

gands-antiques

The tester is telling me they aren't going to work.  They just flutter or barely ring when the ringers are hooked up to the test station or if they are installed in a phone with a capacitor;

dsk

You are probably right, if the magnetism is to weak, it wont ring.
Sometimes it seems to be better after lots of trying, looks like the magnet repair it selves.

I actually don't understand why, its just observations.

dsk

gands-antiques

Thanks,

I think I will hook one at a time up to my tester and let them flutter all day to see if they will start working correctly.  

Thanks,
Gary
==============
Quote from: dsk on March 11, 2013, 03:33:22 AM
You are probably right, if the magnetism is to weak, it wont ring.
Sometimes it seems to be better after lots of trying, looks like the magnet repair it selves.

I actually don't understand why, its just observations.

dsk