News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Copper KTAS desk phone

Started by wds, March 04, 2013, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up this beauty - copper base, brass trim.  Plugged it in and it works, ringer is soft - reminds me of a couple Kellogg ringers I have.  Picture doesn't show off the copper very well.  Would like to find some information about this one.  I didn't dismantel it enough to find a date on it.  Any ideas?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

That phone looks really nice, and it was only a couple of miles away from me until the other day.

Larry

rdelius

I think the origional cast black lower cradle was replaced with a higher brass wire one to make it more fancy
Denmark most likely 1930s or so

wds

I've noticed something common to these KTAS phones is that the handset cradel rotates 360 degrees.  Not sure what the purpose was for that, but it's actually a little anoying.  Makes the phone look a little sloppy if the receiver is at an angle.  I have a couple more similar phones coming - I'm anxious to compare them. 
Dave

rdelius

These cradles were added for decorative purpose when they were rebuilt for sale .Were not built this way when in use by the telephone company in Denmark.

wds

So is this phone a true KTAS, or did some re-seller change those parts out?  I've seen a bunch of these copper KTAS phones, so I just assumed they were authentic. 
Dave