News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage Bell system case full of parts

Started by mark9564, March 12, 2015, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark9564

Found this today for $80.  It has 2 We 2H dials ,1 5h and 1 5i dial. A bunch of dial faces and misc tools.

WEBellSystemChristian

Once again, incredible find!!!!! Each #2 is worth probably a coupe hundred dollars!!!

Where did you find these?!?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

mark9564

A antique store I frequent was holding it for me. he knows I'm always looking for this kind of stuff

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

mark9564

The 2H dials. Don't know much about them, how old are they?

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

unbeldi

Quote from: mark9564 on March 12, 2015, 03:27:26 PM
The 2H dials. Don't know much about them, how old are they?

They are No. 2A dials converted to 2H.  I don't know if they would have done that still after the 4H became available (1930).  But in any case they probably aren't much younger.

mark9564

Some more stuff that I'm not really sure what some of it is.

poplar1

2-type dials were made from about 1920-1932, but no 2A dials have been reported later than 1930. The W screw terminals have been restamped R, indicating these were originally 2A dials. Since there are no patent dates on the rim, they were probably manufactured in 1929 or 1930 as 2As.
Dials were not dated until about 429, but the date may have been painted over.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

mark9564

We're there ever blank dial faces? Find it hard to believe that all the numbers rubbed off.

unbeldi

You have a stash of key system telephone number card windows there, those cellulose acetate disks with red letters on them.

You also have a kit, it seem, for make-up number cards, at least part of it. The letter strips?

A 150H dial face did not have any numbers indeed.

Odd to find so much in one box with such a wide range of dates.  It must have come from a collector.

poplar1

150H number plates were used on coin collectors (pay phones) that had extended number plates ( dial shroud). Originally, the extended number plates were used only in dimly lit areas, but later were used on all.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

There is just too much stuff there! So much that will be difficult to research. Don't burden yourself with it, just send the box to me ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

mark9564

To be honest all I want are the dials...make me an offer for the case if your interested.