News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FG TIST 282 October 1969

Started by dsk, December 10, 2019, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

According to my doctor Cognac is the best medicine that does not help against anything!   ;D (I hope this translation make sense)

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you too.

dsk

dsk

Quote from: Number, please! on December 15, 2019, 10:50:21 PM
"I did it again, I bought a phone I do not need, but...."

Dag, these are your own words!  You are certainly deep into these phones.  Call the doctor!

Vennlige morsome hilsen!   God jul og godt ny år!   

Stu

I am struggling hard to not buy an older one too   8)
$35 + shipping for one that looks like it could be the first version.  The seller is a teenager selling for her uncle. (This week is school holiday, but I have asked for more pictures.)

I guess it is enough with one, but it is a good buy.  ;)   

if it is as nice as it looks.
dsk

countryman

Here's an ivory one with the number ring printed in red.
The design won an award when it came out, to me it's not one of the most beautifully styled phones though. But as always, beauty is in the beholder's eye.

Last pic is with an older cousin.

dsk

Not necessarily the most beautiful, but fascinating! I have the drum dial on my desk, and it is actually extremely easy to use, and has en extremely good sound-quality on a short line.  :)
Still the design who looks best are the AE40 seen from my point. That is also a good phone  :)

countryman

I need to correct myself, the model 282 did not win a design award but was shown in the Museum of Modern Art.
A bit irritating that the Fg tist 282 continued the drum dial design, but without a drum ;-)
In fact it remained in production far longer than the drum dial itself (1955-73 vs. 1950-55)