News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1960 Hard Plastic Light Gray WE 500

Started by Craig T, January 25, 2010, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Quote from: Craig T on February 03, 2010, 10:14:47 PMI love this Bell logo, if I could find it in all colors I would put it on every phone I have. I especially need something for a Moss green and all of my black Bell 500 phones.
= DARRIN =

Craig T

Thanks McHeath, I agree the dial card added a nice touch. That one came from the telephone archive list. I like the look of it better than the number card I had on there before.

Dang it, 12:28 I missed Steve's offer  :-\ :D

Bingster you posted at the same time I was. Thank you so much for those two awesome dial cards!! They are just what I needed. The whole phone shelf is getting an upgrade this week now  :)

bingster

I made those up in all the 302 colors, so if you'd like the others, I'll be happy to post them.  I never thought about doing them in 500 colors, so maybe that will be a nice weekend project while I'm snowed in (we're supposed to get 2 to 3 feet).
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Man Bingster, I'm glad I live up north where there's no snow!  Don't hurt yourself shoveling.

Craig T

It is great to be out of the way of this storm moving through. I have heard some real wild estimates in regards to snowfall.

Bingster I look forward to the post. I printed up the black & green one today, they are just right. I spent a lot of time this evening messing with the dial cards. Hang in there this weekend.

I did get some great editing software today, but it is not as simple as color and fill for all of them. I made up a real nice orange and black for the ITT that I will print up tomorrow.

bingster

I'll work up some for the 500, then.  In the meantime, here are the the other 302 colors.  Incidentally, I did these for that day when I get a mess of colored 302s.  I don't have any right now, so I can't verify the colors against actual phones.  If anybody prints these out and finds the colors off, just try to describe how it's off and I'll be glad to correct the coloring.  Also, I realized these were huge, so I constrained them to 1.5" in photoshop, so they should print out at the correct size.  I also changed the format to PNG to preserve the colors.
= DARRIN =

Craig T

These are real sharp! I will try a couple blue ones out tonight, I have some others to print up. I am sure they will work as the other ones were excellent. Thanks again Bingster  :)

Dan/Panther

CraigT;
Here is a photo of MY gray 500, on MY desk, right next to My computer.
Bizarre.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Craig T

:o Oh, goodness, took me a while but now I understand. That is crazy!! :)

Here is my pic again so you folks can see what we are talking about, they are nearly identical scenes.

Looks like yours it sitting to the left of the monitor like mine even!

Great Phone D/P! I gotta say, I like the thicker cord your phone has better. I would also like to know, is yours a soft plastic phone?

LarryInMichigan

Dan/Panther

Craig;
All original 11-58, soft center finger wheel, soft shell.
I think I paid under 50 for it about a year ago. In the photos it looked faded aqua, and I think he even called it light blue. Because the area under the handset was thew same color, I took as chance and hit pay dirt that time.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

:o :o That is impressive, crown that phone king! You must have been all smiles when it came in. Very impressive buy D/P, that is what keeps me up past bed time hunting phones!  :)

I took some fresh pics of my phone with the bed head gone from the cord. They are edited in on page 1 if you want to take a look   8)