"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray #11 and #14 Coin Collectors

Started by DavePEI, February 21, 2012, 06:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Hi All:

I have just recently rebuilt 2 Gray collectors for my collection, and if anyone is looking for information on them, I will be glad to help if I can. A recent topic on the Gray #14 may be seen at:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6184.0

In addition to the Grays, I have a NE 3 Slot 233H (pretty well identical to the WE version of the same), an NE QSD3A, AE LPB 82 55, several Northern Electric/Nortel Centurions, a wall mounted Multi-Pay Millenium, as well as a couple of desk style Millenniums, and several full and half booths.

All but the Nortel Millenniums are working on modern lines. Alas. Millenniums are probably the most secure phones ever made, and rely on a Millennium manager they "call home" to for rates, alarms, accounting, etc., and cannot be made to operate without gutting them, and I am not prepared to do that.

I also have what was known as a "Millennium 2000" - This payphone is based on the Ernest Telecom 7D-1 motherboard, a microprocessor based COCOT (Customer Owned Coin Operated Telephone) phone. This phone is completely programmable, and operates on a normal line, and determines long distance fees using an internally programmed rate table. A microprocessor based voice guides you through the operation process, in conjunction with an LCD display. It is a multi-pay phone, which means it accepts coins of 5, 10, 25ยข, and dollar, and payment by credit card.

While Ernest Telecom was a legitimate company, this particular phone was made as part of a 1999 payphone scam by another company using parts which had been cleared by Ernest the year before from their obsolete 7D1 model.

If anyone needs any information on any of them or on using them on modern lines without major modifications, just ask. I also have schematics for most common WE.AE, Northern Electric payphones.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001