News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Manual Old Rose 302 on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, March 09, 2012, 08:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is just a wonderful phone and went much cheaper than I thought it would. I felt it would go around $700. It sure is a beauty, looks like a toy. A chrome or nickel retainer ring and you'd be ready to go. Stunning. Anyone get phone of the month??...Doug

Sold on 3/9/12 for $260.51.

www.ebay.com/itm/180831242556
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Yeah, I was watching that one too. Did go for a pretty reasonable price considering what color phones have been going for lately. Still out of my price range right now, I do have some nice NOS nickel retaining rings for it though ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Nice phone. California buyer who is on the ebaY handles list. Don't think he is a club memeber or a CRPF member.

Always LOVE the questions asked about the lack of a dial! OBVIOUSLY it must be "Just an Extension Phone" since it doesn't have a dial. Manual service never existed....

Q: Hi, Did this phone ever have a rotary dial on it, if so, do you have it? Or was it just an extension phone?

Sargeguy

So the manual set is actually worth more than the dial version?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 09, 2012, 09:12:14 PM
So the manual set is actually worth more than the dial version?
Greg....I don't know if it's worth more, but how often to you see the dial blank compared to the dial. They always warp with time and this is no exception. To me, it just looks like an entirely different phone without the dial. I have an Ivory manual set, I was tempted as I watched it count down, but I didn't pull the trigger. You get two, then you want them all. It is a stunning set in my humble opinion...Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Yes, I have seen dialed versions go for as little as $125 lately.  This was a shocker!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Vern P

Yes I would say at $260, that someone got a deal. The ones with a dial blank are more rare than the ones with a dial, but also don't bring the price the ones with a dial do.

I know of a Blue AE 50 on eBay with a blank that didn't sell, it was re-listed with a dail and went MUCH higher.  I knew the seller, he was the one who told me the story.

Vern P

AE_Collector

Quote from: Vern P on March 11, 2012, 05:57:54 AMI know of a Blue AE 50 on eBay with a blank that didn't sell, it was re-listed with a dail and went MUCH higher.

I believe that. Though usually colored AE stuff is so collectible that it sells no matter what unless the starting price is way too high.

Terry