News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Copper & Brass Kettle Phone

Started by Doug Rose, February 03, 2014, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was cleaning this up for eBay and decided it was not going to leave. This was such an easy clean up with Brasso and some fine steel wool. Ten minutes it was shining. I connected dial tone and it works like a champ. I think someone muffled the clapper, but it still has a nice ring. Minor chip on the bakelite plunger bar, but it cannot bee seen with the handset in cradle.

Does anyone have a beater that might have the two prong manufacturer ID that snaps on the front of the phone. PM me with a price or a trade if you do. Such a cool little phone.....Doug
Kidphone

Matilo Telephones

Nice and shiny, Doug.

The little shield didn´t bear the makers logo, I´m afraid. Most of them have RTT on it, the Belgian state telephone company. Some of them have a lion on it, I think from the coat of arms of Flanders.

The maker is probably Bell Antwerp. This is a type RTT 56 A or B. They were made by Atea and Bell (hence the A and B).

It has a Bell handset, so I suppose it is an RTT 56 B.

Not really sure, because it once was refurbished. It used to be painted black, when in service with RTT. When they were fased out, they were stripped of the black paint and got a copper plating. Under the copper is a white metal alloy. Do not polish it too often!
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Doug Rose

You are correct, it is a B. If you ever come across a RTT emblem, I would appreciate it...thanks...Doug
Kidphone