News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlesticks

Started by NorthernMan, November 09, 2010, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernMan

Does anybody know what the recent Ebay auction prices are for an 11 digit Strowger candlestick . Or if not .........does anybody know the fair value for them. I know the Strowger wallphones go for $600-1100 on Ebay .

One day i would like to purchase one but can't seem to find any info on prices paid recently. Or is there a website with recent prices.

Thanks
NorthernMan

Jim Stettler

At their highest, at least 6 strowger sticks brought 5K +/- $500. (this was several years ago)

I think $3,000 to $3,500 may be in line with the current market.

The Strowger compact wall phones should really sell for $1,000-$1,500.

I missed a strowger stick this summer. The auctioned it before I arrived. It brought about $600.

This was the 3rd Strowger stick that I know of that sold in Colorado Springs over the last 15 year.

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

I'm assuming Jim that the $600 Strowger stick was at an auction where no one really knew that it was anything more than a fancy candlestick phone. I too have looked for what I consider to be an affordable Strowger Stick for years and nothing yet. Just missed one for $1000 probably close to 10 years ago now.

I think that the $5000 Strowger Sticks I've seen on ebaY usually had the subset with them which makes a big difference to price. Usually around $3000 to $3500 I'd say these days and that is without the subset.

Terry

Jim Stettler

The Strowger was at a local auction advertised on Craigslist. It was supposed to start at 1:00, I got there at 12:15 and it had sold about 1/2 hour earlier. I did see it , It was pretty tarnished but appeared complete.

The $5,000 ones I was watching was without subsets. This was over 5 years ago. At that time I saw the subsets go for $1,200 and another for $1,500.

I don't think these were every really worth the 5K (yet). For years the price used to be around $1,800.

At the $3,000-3,500 range you could probably get your money back quick if you needed to make a fast sell.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.