News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I HAVE A TURQUOISE 500!!!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, May 26, 2015, 05:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Remember that lot of phones I recently won on eBay? Well, the 1960 Aqua 500 from that lot has plastics from 1963 that were painted Aqua...

But are Turquoise underneath!!!

The paint seems to be lower quality than Polane, it chips off with my fingernail. That crossed with the ABS plastic it's attached to makes for a usually easy paint removal with EasyOff!

The pictures here don't do the color difference justice, but it at least displays the difference a bit. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is Turquoise; the color has a brilliant glow to it in the sunlight!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

I sprayed some EasyOff on the side of the housing, left it on for the duration of the time I typed out and posted this topic, wiped it off and took a picture in my 'photo cove' under the Flourecent lighting. It really shows the difference!
Christian Petterson

compubit

Cool - ever since getting an actual turquoise phone, I fully appreciate the difference between turquoise and aqua blue, now that I have both colors.

Good,luck in the restoration.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, the good news is that the housing, lift, and possibly the dial bezel are all turquoise. Unfortunately, I just found out that the handset, caps, and maybe the cords are all Aqua. I went from a so-so Aqua restoration project to a great Turquoise project. Now I'm split between Turquoise and Aqua! :'(

Anybody got a genuine extra WE Turquoise handset they would be willing to sell? Maybe from a Turquoise Princess? Anybody?!? :-\
Christian Petterson