News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

Started by Doug Rose, February 07, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Denis....it is done in sections, every month an area is cleaned...Doug
Kidphone

Contempra

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 20, 2023, 10:55:43 AMDenis....it is done in sections, every month an area is cleaned...Doug

Ahhhhhh,... okay Doug .

Doug Rose

Hard to believe that the "new carpet" was installed 8 years ago! Every time the the carpet was to be cleaned somehow the door was locked and I was at work with the key  8) I was the only one who went in there! It was fine.

Well my son give me a combo lock for the Phone Room. I love the convenience as there are EIGHT grandchildren roaming the halls.

Janet cleaned the carpets yesterday and they came out fantastic. I was working from home and was pleasantly surprised. Carpet still look new....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Phone is now closed for new additions. It would be very tough to remove one to add another....not that it might not happen  8)  ...Doug
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

Doug Rose

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on March 19, 2023, 03:00:28 AMAmazing, how many phones you have!

Mike
My four year old granddaughter, Mirabelle got into my Phone Room Thursday and said "Grampy you have way too many Telephones." That is the exact count I have!!...Doug
Kidphone

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 18, 2023, 09:53:54 AMPhone is now closed for new additions. It would be very tough to remove one to add another....not that it might not happen  8)  ...Doug

Removed one? I see plenty of room for a coffee table or maybe even a display case in the middle of the room...  ;D
TWinbrook7

ka1axy

You'd better be careful, Doug. This could become an obsession.

Nice collection. Now, how many of them are hooled up and working? Or do you have a bench where selected phones can be hooked up?

I enjoy your postings. I'm surprised we haven't run into each other...I'm right down the road in Holliston.

loblolly986

I see Doug hasn't posted anything since this thread in June, and that seems abnormal for him. Does he even still have posting access here?

FABphones

Quote from: loblolly986 on September 23, 2023, 02:48:13 PMDoes he even still have posting access here?

From what we see of member activity, Doug logs into the forum several times a day.

He uses this thread to show off his room of phones to everyone, usually with yearly photos. I guess now the room is closed to new additions as per his post above, there is nothing to show other than a bit of rearranging, dust removal or cleaning the carpet again.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble