Started by dsk, October 04, 2012, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

http://tinyurl.com/95mgwwh

How does this rotary work?

dsk

LarryInMichigan

QuoteHow does this rotary work?

Probably exactly like a DTMF (touch-tone) phone ;)

1954NE500

Phone here is an AE80E (Automatic Electric/GTE) Touch Call. Circa 1970's/early 1980's at the latest.

Greg G.

"...have been told it works".  Reminds me of when I bought my 1929 Majestic Radio, the lady said "It used to work".  Uh, well, yeah, I'm sure it did, 70-80 years ago, but it don't now!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

;) I have an 80E rotary, it looks like it has been in the war, so I have done lots of fetteling, ang got great help, and parts from other forum members. The decor plate system is a great gimmick. It seems like the functions are almost WE500, but the assembly and mechanical design is of a more limited quality. Still its impressing to see how much stress it can tolerate, and still function. This telephone is by me classed, as just good enough, and nothing more, and that's just what I believe AE had meant to make.

It will never be my favorite,  but it could be the best example on just "good enough" a price winner, with quality good enough to not loose the reputation of trustability.

dsk

AE_Collector

Quote from: 1954NE500 on October 04, 2012, 10:33:30 AM
Phone here is an AE80E (Automatic Electric/GTE) Touch Call. Circa 1970's/early 1980's at the latest.

1975 through about 1986 for the AE 80E. There were UDK (Universal Dialing Keypad) models that had touch pads that produced dial pulses but this doesn't appear to be one of them.

Terry