News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Did anyone see this one?

Started by benhutcherson, February 24, 2009, 11:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benhutcherson

I had this one on my watch list, and nibbled on it a little bit early on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200311573861
( dead link 07-29-21 )

The shell appears to be the genuine article, and a really nice example of it at that, however it has a too much of a mix of parts from a "normal" 302.

I thought about bidding more than I did, but figured that I'd probably never be able to find the proper handset. That's not to mention that 5J/6J dials are hard enough to find by themselves.

Since the case doesn't appear to have any cracks, as they normally do, it would probably be a nice buy for someone who already had an ivory one with a good shell.

Dennis Markham

I did see that and was tempted.  But it's difficult to buy them all, isn't it?

Konrad

I picked up an all white painted black at the local swap meet for $20.  It's a project but an all white 302 for $20 made me feel good.

BDM

Quote from: Konrad on February 25, 2009, 12:34:06 AM
I picked up an all white painted black at the local swap meet for $20.  It's a project but an all white 302 for $20 made me feel good.

Good catch
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Sargeguy

I bid $25 but lost interest when it got to the 50s.  That price is too high IMO.  I paid less than that for a Pekin Red base with the correct dial (with a cracked corner).  I think the base is worth about $40 at the most, especially without the part that goes under the cradle.  The other parts are nothing special, and can easily be had on any $16.59 eBay 302.  I suppose he may have just wanted a two-toned phone.  Maybe I should sell my red 302 with a black handset.  I just arranged to get the red caps for it.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409