Previous topic - Next topic

phonium

George Amores
ATCA#4857

Scott

Sweet score for the price.

Scott K.

MMikeJBenN27

Great buy!  The ringing problem might be due to the black wire of the ringer being on the "Ground" terminal.  If you move it to the "L1" terminal, that might fix the problem, unless your house still has grounded ringing.  The dial probably needs some lubrication.  Old Phone Shop and Old Phone Works sell dial oil, but I use 3-in-1 oil with good results.  Just a little though!  Too much will drip on the contacts and cause you some annoying problems.

Mike

Stormcrash

Awesome find for that price! I have 3 guesses on the not ringing based on working on my 1956 Ivory 500 recently
- Bias spring set to high: sometimes just makes for a weak ring but sometimes can completely silence the ringer,
- Wired for 3 wire ringing: given the date and Yellow lead on the mounting cord this seems likely, if you don't want to move the ringer lead you can connect Green and Yellow together to Tip at the connecting block
- Ringing capacitor is dead: This is what was wrong with my set. There is a capacitor between the A and K terminals as part of the ringer circuit between the two coil winding. On my set this capacitor had nearly completely died as an open line and wouldn't release enough charge to ring. I ended up having to completely bypass that capacitor by moving the K lead to A and putting my own capacitor between Tip and the Black ringer lead

Doug Rose

Kidphone

SunriseEarth

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 22, 2020, 02:17:35 PM
Very Nice George...you have a find of the month contender....Doug

Agreed.   And congrats!
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

phonium

It arrived!!!
George Amores
ATCA#4857

FABphones

Listing screenshot for prosperity
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble