News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Flag

Started by ....., February 25, 2018, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a chance to buy this Bell System 6 X 9 flag. What would it be worth or what should I offer.
These are the pictures that were sent to me.

Pourme

I will let others comment on the value, that's above my pay grade but......That would be a super back drop to a collection, Hope you get it!

I'm sure my wife would love to see it there, too!  ;)

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

take the flag to the cleaners and get it cleaned and pressed.... then see what its worth.... Or, better yet... see if the manufacturer is still around and find out what they want for a new one. if not, then the cleaners is the best option....
John

Quote from: Pourme on February 25, 2018, 11:24:10 AM
I will let others comment on the value, that's above my pay grade but......That would be a super back drop to a collection, Hope you get it!

I'm sure my wife would love to see it there, too!  ;)

Benny

Hey Benny,

If I get it, maybe I'll flip it over to you! I collect mostly Canadian, but this is for sale here in Canada and I thought "Nice Piece" I'll make an offer.

Pourme

Quote from: Duffy on February 25, 2018, 11:49:39 AM
Hey Benny,

If I get it, maybe I'll flip it over to you! I collect mostly Canadian, but this is for sale here in Canada and I thought "Nice Piece" I'll make an offer.

I'm thinking "No, I couldn't"...(The whole time...using my tape measure to see where it would fit.)
Benny

AL_as_needed

All I can think of is how someone here may use it to cover their bed  ;D
TWinbrook7

Quote from: AL_as_needed on February 25, 2018, 03:05:00 PM
All I can think of is how someone here may use it to cover their bed  ;D

I'm sure Benny's wife would love a Bell System bedspread.

Pourme

Quote from: Duffy on February 25, 2018, 04:32:42 PM
I'm sure Benny's wife would love a Bell System bedspread.

Oh...I can see her face now....  ::)
Benny

I ended up buying it. I worked out a deal where he would pay the shipping costs. He also threw in a Bell System Metal Polish Paste Tin and 2 1980 Bell Canada posters. He sent me a video and I took some snap shots from it.

I would still like to know a value on it. It is all hand sewn and was found in a storage room in a Bell CO in London Ontario. The fellow I got it from as had it for over 30 years.

I did some research on the company that made this flag. The company started in 1923 and started making flags in 1929. Far as I can tell the company lasted until 1983. 

There is one on eBay for $1999.99 USD which I think the guy is off his rocker asking that price.
That one is a 4 X 6, while the one I'm getting is a 6 X 9.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ANTIQUE-BELL-SYSTEMS-FLAG-4x6-BELL-TELEPHONE-AT-T-PHONE-COMPANY/142224932164

oldguy

Duffy, did you pay 2 grand?
Gary

jsowers

This 5x8 flag ended in December for $71.01. It's a little different, with a white bell on a blue background and seems to be made up of pieces sewn together rather than one big sheet. But it looks to be in good condition. Auction pics attached.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132441026591
Jonathan

Pourme

Duffy,
That's a unique find. Especially knowing the history of the flag, where it's been during its lifetime. Congratulations on a great find!

Benny
Benny

Payphone installer

I have one just like it,they show up at phone shows from time to time. price around 100.00 to 150.00