News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

The philtel/phreaknet crew have  been working with expressnet,  id ask those guys too if their stuff does what yours is doing. 
https://philtel.org/2024/02/10/protel-programming-line.html 
Technical "Stuff" / Re: The end of POTS?
Last post by HarrySmith - Today at 04:40:53 PM
Cool. I really did not think they would replace the copper. Congratulations!
Technical "Stuff" / Re: The end of POTS?
Last post by TelePlay - Today at 04:27:47 PM
My error. AT&T came out today an buried 50 feet of 100 pair copper cable in my backyard easement.

This time of year, the group is quite damp. The results, wet black soil packed everywhere.

They'll fix it eventually but quite a mess today.

At least I'll get my choice back, continue with copper or go to FO.
Wanted / Wanted-AE switch shelf
Last post by Randyh - Today at 04:27:22 PM
I am looking for AE step x step switch shelf 5 position or other
New Member Introductions / Re: New member
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - Today at 03:53:14 PM
Welcome to the club!

Mike
Telephone Troubleshooting and Repair / Re: 3554 ISSUE
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - Today at 03:52:37 PM
In the picture, I see Red, Black, Slate, and Slate/Red.  Connect Slate to K and Slate/Red to A, the Red to L2, and the Black to L1.  It should work.  If your house still has grounded ringing - our's does - you can connect the Black wire to GND it you want, but you will also have to connect the yellow line wire to GND, and will have to make sure your Ring and Tip wires are not reversed somewhere.  It won't work that way, as the red and black ringer wires will both be ground.

Mike
Last post by HarrySmith - Today at 01:38:03 PM
Sorry, wrong colors. The ringer has red, black, gray & gray with red stripe.
New Member Introductions / Re: New member
Last post by FABphones - Today at 01:26:23 PM
Welcome EJ.

Lots of knowledgeable members on CRPF.

We love pictures!

:)
Last post by poplar1 - Today at 12:55:07 PM
Quote from: HarrySmith on Yesterday at 02:34:19 PMI just remembered I had the phone in my car getting ready to return it to him. I opened it up, The ringer is a 4 wire ringer but only red & green are connected. The other 2 wires, gray & brown are connected together in a clip thing.

Red, green, gray, and brown are your ringer colors??? Both WE and ITT use black and red OR black, red, Slate-Red, and slate.
Last post by HarrySmith - Today at 11:29:21 AM
OK. So the ringer was causing the issues. Last night he hung it on the wall and it worked all night, did not affect the cordless phone. Now the ringer does not work on A & K. On L1 & L2 it caused all the problems. I am confused. How do I get it ringing without causing any issues?

Would putting the ringer wires back on L1 & L2, then hooking up the other 2 ringer wires to  L1 & A work?