News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. Single slot I bought on Ebay

Started by Kimball321, March 02, 2014, 10:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimball321

Recently I bought a single slot pay phone on Ebay (I believe it is a 1D2) and I want to make it operate as a dial tone first payphone with an external payphone controller but I think it is missing two parts, the coin relay, and part of the coin return chute.  Where would be the best place to purchase these parts online?  Also what would a Bell System single slot payphone rate card from the late 1970's or early 1980's look like?  I intend to restore this phone back to that era and I bought it because it has the original handset, face plate, and coin return.  Inside it has a 32B board and the mechanical coin mechanism and the electronic totalizer.  Any help or advice would be appreciated
I collect payphones :)

ESalter

I have a WE 1A coin relay(new-refurbished) and chute I can send you.  $10 plus shipping for the pair.  Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll get them sent out to you.

Also, very nice looking phone!  Definitely a 1D2 with the parts it have, although it might be stenciled 1C somewhere on the lower housing.

---Eric

Kimball321

What is outlined in yellow is where what I'm calling the coin return should be located.  Is that what it is called?

ESalter

I'm not sure what it's technically called.  There might be a name for it in the BSPs, but I know what it is and I have them. 

---Eric

Weco355aman

You will need a new hopper as well. the one in the phone is missing 2 parts. I have a spare i can
sell you for $20 shipped. i do have a plastic coin return tube that i can let go of. If interested let me know. You will also need a 1A coin relay and a yellow and black wire with spades on both ends.
Ill include them if you want the hopper.
Phil

Kimball321

Got and installed the new relay/hopper and chute yesterday but I still need to wire it up because I don't have the wire's that are used for the connection