News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Santa came late

Started by NorthernElectric, December 29, 2015, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

I bought a few things on ebay this month and was hoping they would arrive before Christmas.  The only one that did was a parts lot.  The rest all came today.  I also bought a receiver which I am hoping is an AE and suitable for my step base candlestick (ID help topic with more photos here) and 2 AE 50s.  The 1st one was a BIN or BO.  I made an offer of $40C which the seller accepted.  The very next day another one popped up BIN for $40C and free shipping.  After asking on the forum about removing plaster from  bakelite (here), I bought it too as the deal seemed too good to resist.  The postage cost the seller about $27.60 so I basically paid $12.40 C for it.  Both of these phones appear to be in pretty good shape and should clean up nicely and both have SL ringers.

Does anyone recognize the dial card on the 1st?  Is it possibly Manitoba Telephone System?
Cliff

AE_Collector

I think the number card on the first AE50 with "Long Distance" written on it is an earlier stock AE card.

Terry

NorthernElectric

Thanks Terry.  I guess I was wondering if it might have been a simplified version of this one.

Cliff

poplar1

Is there a small sticker on the back of the phone with "long distance" on the number card? Surplus Center of Lincoln, Nebraska resold many phones with this same type number card.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

NorthernElectric

Quote from: poplar1 on December 30, 2015, 05:54:11 PM
Is there a small sticker on the back of the phone with "long distance" on the number card?

There is no sticker and no obvious signs of one being peeled off.
Cliff

NorthernElectric

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 29, 2015, 08:50:49 PM
I think the number card on the first AE50 with "Long Distance" written on it is an earlier stock AE card.

Well, I'll be darned.  The number card is in AE catalog 4055-D.  I should have looked there 1st.   :)
Cliff