News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need to hang my 551... Suggestions?

Started by AMCer, April 12, 2014, 01:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMCer

I want to hang my 551 and get it off the table.  I don't want to hang it in the garage or out of the way and the wife won't let me just stick it on the wall in the living room (even though I offered to put a frame around it)-

Sooo, I thought about building a wooden stand something like this:

I figure if I router the edges and stain it, it wouldn't look too bad.  I'd REALLY like better design/suggestion.

Ideas?  (Antique looking would be a plus)

Weco355aman

Your Wife must not support the phone hobby. You could place it below the top of a end table. Or inside of a enclosed entertainment center.
The 551 is a very small unit. What is her issue with it color or opposed to the looks.
Phil

AMCer

QuoteYour Wife must not support the phone hobby.

That's not exactly true, she's been a good sport about the old phones that have been appearing on flat surfaces around the house.  Her only 'requirement' is that the phone in the bed room have the ringer disconnected.

Matilo Telephones

Do you want to be able to use it? If you make a stand like that and you´ll try to rotate the dial, it might fall over. You´ll need a heel at the back to prevent that.

If I were to make a stand for a wall phone, I´d want the stand to be as inconspicuous as possible. Otherwise it would draw attention from the phone.

Why not make an L shaped stand out of acrylic or perspex?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones