News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kingston Ontario Canada Phone Show and Sale

Started by ....., September 15, 2017, 11:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A few pictures from the Kingston Phone Show and Sale set up on Friday Sept. 15th 2017.

Pourme

I see forum member Jeff Lamb's space!....I wish there was a phone show reasonably close to me in NC!...When I see what Doug Rose and Jan come home with, I get very jealous!

Have a good show!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Benny...I have never been to a phone show.  I have never slept late on a weekend.   :'( On weekends Jan and I are out at yard sales and flea markets. The early bird get the phone. It is a LOT of work. Jan shares my enthusiasm. The Best phones I keep , the others get cleaned up to go to other collections.

Check CL Friday night for your Sat and Sunday Yard sales. Make a plan to you are not bouncing around, time is money. Go to your local Flea Markets.

I feel at a show,  a collector is is looking to sell their phones at a deal so everyone is happy, but nothing like you find in the Wild!!!

Just my humble opinion.

I love collecting telephones and it is a wonderful second job selling them....Doug
Kidphone

Quote from: Pourme on September 16, 2017, 06:42:30 PM
I see forum member Jeff Lamb's space!....I wish there was a phone show reasonably close to me in NC!...When I see what Doug Rose and Jan come home with, I get very jealous!

Have a good show!

Benny

Yes, Benny you did see Jeff Lamb's spot. But he donated it to Dave Hunter for some of the items I brought back from Dave's Museum. It as good turn out and got to meet some other members from this forum.

b3tamax11

Had a good time! Picked up some nice pieces!

Some more interesting pictures from the show. I even displayed my Trimphone. :)

AL_as_needed

Nice pieces there, wish phone shows were a bit closer/ more common...  :(

That last picture reminds me, I need to get a straight cord for my 354!
TWinbrook7

mazda_matt

oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)

mazda_matt

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 16, 2017, 07:48:21 PM
Benny...I have never been to a phone show.  I have never slept late on a weekend.   :'( On weekends Jan and I are out at yard sales and flea markets. The early bird get the phone. It is a LOT of work. Jan shares my enthusiasm. The Best phones I keep , the others get cleaned up to go to other collections.

Check CL Friday night for your Sat and Sunday Yard sales. Make a plan to you are not bouncing around, time is money. Go to your local Flea Markets.

I feel at a show,  a collector is is looking to sell their phones at a deal so everyone is happy, but nothing like you find in the Wild!!!

Just my humble opinion.

I love collecting telephones and it is a wonderful second job selling them....Doug

Then you would have loved the auction at the end. Many many phones sold at a dollar. Albeit, they were't sought after items.

-MM
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Ktownphoneco

Matt .....    You and the OPW crew did a great job of organizing the show and finding a place to hold it.    It had easy to access to cart stuff in and out, and had ample parking, AND, it was well attended I thought.

Good job !!

Jeff Lamb       

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on September 17, 2017, 04:18:25 PM
Matt .....    You and the OPW crew did a great job of organizing the show and finding a place to hold it.    It had easy to access to cart stuff in and out, and had ample parking, AND, it was well attended I thought.

Good job !!

Jeff Lamb     

I second that!

DavePEI

Wish I could have been there! Sounds like it was great! Was thinking about it all day. But had I been there, I would have just been spending money I didn't have  :) Don't know where the tax and insurance money is going to come from next year since my income dropped so much at 65!

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Stubbypylon

Yes kudos to Matt and all who helped organize the event!  My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it was great to finally put some faces to names as well as catch up with with others.
Craig Stanowski

mazda_matt

Thanks a lot guys! It was way more work than I originally started this. There were a few hiccups along the way, but I will use those as a learning opportunity for next years show.

For those who want to see more pictures, you can check them out on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/oldphoneworks

-MM
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320